This was our third trip to Maui, and we had previously stayed at the Royal Lahaina and Makena Beach and Golf resort (both better overall experiences). There is really nothing wrong with the Westin, it has the nicest grounds and pool of anywhere we stayed previously. The staff was friendly as well. It is just overpriced and the rooms are older and not as nice as the other resorts. You are really paying for location (proximity to black rock and Whaler's Village) and nice grounds. Plus, the valet outright tricked us into paying the first day valet (stating that they 'take care if bags and parking' as we pulled in as if we had no choice-$18), and of all places we have stayed, they really couldn't have cared less that it was an anniversary trip. We don't expect to be pampered, but we had the lowest parking-lot view room, almost didn't get the king bed that we requested months in advance, and felt nickel-and-dimed to death with resort fees. The other resorts actually felt more like 4-star resorts in the way they treated us (like they were glad we were there) and how nice the rooms were, and were hundreds less per night.
Also, yes, there are construction noises throughout the day- if you planned to sleep in at any point.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Expedia, Ebookers, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina