Overall a nice hotel -- beautiful beach in front, rooms were nice. We booked "partial ocean view" rooms and were more than satisfied with the view (behind the pool, but could see much of the ocean). Liked the fact that the hotel is in walking distance from Whaler's Village - lots of restaurants there, including a food court in the back. We cut costs by eating dinner there a couple of times - the little Mexican place has great fish tacos! Also, loved The Fish Co. in Lahaina - great food and views (to cut costs eat lunch there instead of dinner!)
The cons of the Westin: unless you are one of these grabby people who "reserve" pool chairs all day for the 2 hours they will use them, forget about getting a seat by the pool. Having nowhere to sit gets old after a week, and reduces your enjoment of the property - management should do something about this (since usually, over half the chairs are "reserved" but empty).
The resort is full of kids - this was fine with us, but I would not recommend this hotel for couples or honeymooners. Would not recommend the Westin luau. The food was good but the ambiance was terrible, and it was very expensive. Overall, a good experience, but next time I would probably look for a hotel that's a bit quiter and more relaxing.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Splitty, Expedia, Ebookers, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina