I stayed for 6 nights - Oct 20-26. I was very nervous about the condition of the hotel and its rooms after reading some of the reviews, but I opted for the Westin over the Hyatt because (1) it has a better beach, (2) the location is next door to Whaler's Village, (3) the bathrooms are larger than at the Hyatt, (4) I was told the rooms are not as dark as the Hyatt rooms, (5) I had several requests that the Westin would confirm and the Hyatt would not.
I think my stay was so wonderful because I opted to stay in the Beach Tower with an Oceanfront (as opposed to Ocean View) room. There can be quite a difference between the two. The Beach Tower is right on the beach and not impacted by construction. I also paid for the room -- I did not use points -- which could be why I didn't have problems. The only problem with Beach Tower Oceanfront rooms is that you can hear the loud music which starts at 3:00 (happy hour) at the neighboring restaurants and goes until 10 pm. Fortunately the restaurant below the Beach Tower was closed, but it will reopen in November and I'm sure there will be a noise problem, as they most likely will have music.
In any event, the hotel grounds were beautifully kept up, everything was clean, the staff was nice (especially Gia in Guest Relations), and the best part of the construction was that the hotel was only half full, there were hardly any children, and there were not many people around the pool or on the beach or in the restaurants -- it was really great !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina