“High end and beautiful ” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Westin Maui Resort And Spa

Westin Maui Resort And Spa
Ranked #17 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
“High end and beautiful ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Well maintained and clean resort. Although the price and other expensive parts of the resort (food ect) which may turn some away this resort is well worth the money. You can charge what you buy on the grounds to your room which is very helpful. Great for families young an old or couples of any age. Staff is fantastic and friendly.

Stayed June 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,300)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Tokyo, Japan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

I stayed there for about 4 nights back in July, 2013. The hotel room was amazing and the hotel pool was absolutely stunning.

The beach was less crowded than I thought it would be and the hotel is also close to an ABC store and various restaurants.

Westin Maui was a good choice for us because we did not particularly enjoy the city Lahaina, and we ended up spending a lot of time inside the hotel but the pool was more than enough to relax and enjoy the sun.

Room Tip: I would not recommend a room right next to the elevators. they make weird noise and it might keep yo...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank fedesyuki
Norfolk, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Westin for our honeymoon and were wowed when we checked in. Your first sight is a waterfall and a pond with flamingos swimming in it, surrounded by lush plants. We checked in and were offered complimentary champagne for our honeymoon which we appreciated. The staff is courteous and generally friendly but does not go out of their way to greet you or help you. If you ask them a question they will answer it but they don’t go above and beyond like the staff did at the hotel in Kauai we stayed at. A minor but specific example of this is that we went to have breakfast and the woman at the hostess stand did not look up or greet us for about 30 seconds while we were just standing there. Again this is minor but at our other hotel the staff immediately greeted us with a smile, every time. Our room was great and very modern: we stayed in the newly renovated ocean tower room and loved it. Heavenly bed is fantastic and both my wife and I slept very well. Bathroom is impressive with a large shower with a glass door. I would recommend this hotel to others but know that the staff is average but friendly.

Room Tip: Ocean tower room was very modern
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank David W
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Maui Westin for part of our Honeymoon and had a fantastic experience from start to finish. Pleasant Holidays Concierge Irene Salat-aa was absolutely amazing. She helped us plan our itinerary for the duration of our stay and gave us great tips and information. We usually don't rely on anyone to help us plan our excursions but we are really glad we met her. We highly recommend talking with her if you're at the hotel and looking to explore the island. She has lived in Maui for 13 years and will be able to give you the inside scoop without the sales pitch. Thanks to her we were really able to maximize our limited time on Maui. Pleasant Holidays has a desk in the lobby but is not affiliated with the resort. The hotel grounds were phenomenal, pool(s) were a lot of fun and beach location was great. There were plenty of chairs all around the pools as well as in front of the beach and it never felt crowded. The hotel is walking distance to plenty of restaurants and a little strip of shops. There are some good restaurants conveniently located right next to the resort so you are not locked into eating at the resort or driving into town. My husband and I were not there to shop, but if that interests you, you'll have easy access and lots of options. The hotel is good for people of all ages, couples and families. Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: The garden rooms on the ocean side are highly under rated.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

We liked the hotel, the renovations and pools are beautiful. My sandals were stolen from the room and when I informed the hotel they promised me a reimbursement for my sandals. I was surprised and happy until it never came as promised and multiple attempts to contact them have been futile. No one responds. I am not sure why they would promise something they could not deliver and then ignore all my emails thereafter. Poor customer relations.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank Lisa L
nj
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

We stayed at the Westin for 4 nights in the newly renovated rooms. Although it is not quite on the level of The Royal Hawaiian in Waikiki or the Grand Hyatt Regency in Kauai we thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The newly renovated rooms are small and the bathrooms even smaller, but very nice and the view of the ocean and pool area from our balcony was spectacular as were the sunsets. The hotel has a great beach in front of it, Whaler's Village is right next door and we had no difficulty finding empty chairs by the pools, but that could be because of the time we were there. It is located not too far from Lahaina Front St, which also had alot of stores and restaurants. The staff was courteous and we were happily surprised with a cake they left for my husband's birthday, it was delicious. We would definitely recommend this hotel based on our experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dapval
Cincinnati, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014

This is the second time in 4 years that we have gone to the Westin Maui Resort and Spa, and find it "simply irresistible." What is not to like? The location is fabulous at the center of Kaanapali beach. The resort itself is beautiful, with 5 pools and one for adults only, which is an excellent idea. The moment you walk through you feel like you are in a tropical paradise. Waterfalls and live flamingos and fish are all in the center of the property. But what really sets this place a part are the staff. From the friendly valet, to the front desk folks, and the maintenance staff as well, are all so nice and courteous. No mater who you get they all seem to want to take care of your needs. The food and beverage service is also excellent. I ordered salmon tacos and then another day the ahi tuna wrap while I was at the pool and not only was it there in a matter of minutes but it was really good, not what I would expect from most hotel food services. If you are really hungry in the morning I would suggest the brunch which has about everything you could imagine from smoked salmon, and fruits to freshly prepared omelettes of your choosing and amazing rolls and croissants. I also want to mention the fitness center. It is one of the nicest fitness centers you will find in any hotel. Nice equipment and a good mix of cardio and weights, and also extremely clean and everything in good working order. But one of my favorite parts of the resort is Michael, the gentleman that has the pineapple table out by the pool in the mornings. He has an array of things to buy and send back to the mainland, but the main product he promotes is of course the brand of pineapple, "Maui Gold." This is the best pineapple there is. It is the sweetest and juiciest pineapple I have ever had and it is the one that they serve here at the Westin. Michael is also like your own personal tour guide. He has lived here most of his life and knows the ins and outs of the island. Everything from the best local restaurants, to the best snorkeling and where to drive to see something and what and where to stay away from. He his also extremely well versed in the agriculture of the island so I would urge anyone staying at the Westin to get to know Michael. Whether it be a question of where to go to dinner to where to find a certain type of flower or plant on the island, just ask Michael. Once again I give this resort high praises and we will be back.

Phil

Room Tip: I have stayed on the mountain and ocean side and both are very nice, it is a bit less to stay on the...
Green Features: You will receive a $5/day resort credit by reusing your towels during your stay
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank papfelod
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
4.0 of 5 bubbles 3,818 reviews
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas

Been to Westin Maui Resort And Spa? Share your experiences!