We stayed here for 5 nights after finishing a cruise. The resort is fabulous - starting with the entrance which looks on to a rocky pool and waterfall with (real) pink flamingos and black swans in residence.
The room (ocean view) was also fabulous. Large with a view to die for, overlooking the rocky waterfall, and the five swimming pools set into the wonderful gardens, and then further to the ocean, and directly West to the sunset. I could have sat on the balcony for hours just watching all the goings-on!
All the staff were friendly and helpful. The resort only has one burger-style restaurant (which had a very good buffet breakfast), but we had hired a car (Mustang Convertible, of course!) and drove 5 minutes down the road to Lahaina township each night where there are lots of restaurants. The concierges at the resort were very helpful in telling us the best restaurants to try. If you don't have a car, the resort has a shuttle service, but as we didn't use it I am not sure about the frequency and route etc.
The pool complex is spectacular with five pools set at different levels amongst palms and gardens. At least one is adults only, and there is a water slide hidden away in the rocky gardens that winds down into the main pool. The kids (and lots of adults) loved it.
Only niggle was that our room was very close to the lifts, and the lift doors were a bit noisy - made a funny groaning noise, when they opened and shut.
We were very sad to leave this lovely place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina