“Beautiful place”

The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I love the Westin Maui. This was my second stay here and I have to say I liked it better than the first time. The location is great and very central, although I would still recommend getting a car while in Maui, the Westin does offer shuttle service in to Lahaina and possible to and from Hotel (not so sure about the latter as I did not use it but I think it was included). I appreciate their friendly staff and how beautiful this property always looks. At sun down it is so nice to hear the birds singing and just be able to watch the sunset a few steps away from my room. I like how they had plenty of food options from relaxed to a little more upscale. I wish I remembered names a little better but the person who checked us in when we arrived was so friendly and helpful with all of my questions. The people at the valet were always more than willing to help me with directions or just a friendly smile. If I had to give one piece of constructive criticism it would be that their is hardly any service at the pool area. Getting a drink or ordering food was hard to do anytime we tried and their pool side menu was lacking some options. Also, only about half the pool chairs were nice and comfortable, I would say it is time to upgrade the older ones. Regardless, I still had a fantastic time and would recommend this hotel to anyone. I got a mountain view room by choice. If you are like me and are used to seeing the ocean but not too many mountains (I am from Miami) I would say it is totally worth saving the money and getting a view of the mountain. It is absolutely gorgeous and you can enjoy a bit of the sunrise from your balcony!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank JuC8

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Staying on the newly renovated 11th floor. Renting a cabana on the beach. It is well worth the $75.00 to have your own space.food is great. Staff is phenomenal.

Their is a Starbucks off of the koi pond. Service there is slow and never got my order right....oh well.

Room Tip: Stay on the 11th floor main building
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GLOBAL69
Reviewed 6 July 2014

The Westin is right next to Whalers Village which is wonderful. The pool is fun for the kids. The kids liked the waterslide and the whirlpool in the cave. The carpet in the hotel was a bit worn, but it is still a nice property.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Mike M
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Good central location. Live flamingos birds in the lobby pool. Beautiful, and as most things in Hawaii very expensive. We booked with triple AAA travel thinking we could get a deal. It was spring break week/high season, and everything was expensive. Still I feel if we would have shopped around a bit on our own we would have received a better value.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M1lder
Reviewed 5 July 2014

What can I say, it was great! We booked a Pleasant Holiday vacation package with hotel, rental car and airfare and this place is wonderful! Because it was our anniversary, they gave us an upgrade from a mountain view to an ocean view! The rooms are spacious, with a queen size bed, in room Kona coffee and daily bottled water, there is a coffee bar on the grounds serving Starbucks coffee and drinks, 24 hour super fitness center and super meaning a big fitness center with all the props you can think of, machines, bosu, medicine and stability balls, mats, free weights, body bars, resistance bands, bosu balls, filtered water, towels, fresh fruit and the Heavenly Spa offers fee based yoga, spin and aqua fitness classes at a reasonable price, you can also rent New Balance fitness clothes if you forgot your work out clothes for only $5.

As far as the pool area is concerned, it is very lovely and there's a cool jacuzzi hidden inside one of the pools. Very relaxing. There are flamingos, koi and a black swan in the pond with a beautiful waterfall. The consierge, Toki gave us a tip on where to eat. Valet service is excellent. One of the waitresses was very hospitable, Connie at the Relish Burger, when we went to get our breakfast buffet. Our stay was great and we would come back to stay here again.

Room Tip: Ocean view is beautiful but somehow the room has thin walls you can hear the shower in the other roo...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
6  Thank KWong55
Reviewed 3 July 2014

You haven't had an amazing massage until you book 80 minutes with Heather: Westin Heavenly Massage. BEST EVER. She's very skilled and it was bliss. I was restored. I will be back over and over. The general spa area is a bit tired and in need of an update...but the treatment rooms are lovely and as I said...massage was the best ever. Enjoy!

Room Tip: If you're distracted by hallway noise, ask for a spa treatment room away from "traffic"...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank MrsChristenson
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Beautiful grounds, beautiful newly renovated rooms and an amazing pool!!!!! A perfect place to stay as a couple and as a family. You can swim in the ocean and head over to the pool all within a few steps. The ocean view rooms are a must!!!!!!

Shopping next door was perfect. Quicksilver, Oakley, children's toy store. Everything you could possibly need,they had a store for. They had the BEST Louie Vuitton store with the newest collections and collections I had not seen before in the states.

Complementary room wifi if your a rewards member. This is a must if you have teenagers!!!!!

My only wish was was that happy hour was longer. Everything else seems to run on Island time, too bad happy hour didn't.

Room Tip: Ask for the new updated towers. The older tower has larger rooms, but the new towers has updated ro...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank Lovemykids0002
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#19 of 32 in Lahaina

Been to The Westin Maui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!