Wow! My husband and I stayed at the Westin for 10 days for our honeymoon. I had read reviews, all of them: good, bad, indifferent. We were a little worried because of the bad reviews but then I realized that I need to see for myself, so we booked. And boy aren't we glad we did!
When we arrived, after being delayed 5 hours in Dallas then waiting over an hour for our rental car, it was dark when we got to the hotel. The valet who took our car couldn't have been nicer. The desk staff who checked us in apologized for our delay, even though it was the airlines fault, but still they felt bad.
The got us into our room within minutes of arriving and when I opened the door we had a bucket of champagne and strawberries with a card. It said Congrats Mr. & Mrs. ****** The only thing was they used my last name ;) Not my new married name since I booked it. It gave us a great laugh as we sipped champs on our balcony.
ROOM: The room was great. It was large, had a counter area with a fridge, safe, sink, coffee pot, ect. It was a great area to get ready while someone is showering in the adjacent shower/toilet. The beds were very comfy! The room was spotless. AC worked really well. The balcony was large enough for two chairs and a small table.
POOLS: They were a little chilly. But it was nice to jump in and cool off. They had watersides, waterfalls, caves, ect. Truly beautiful!
LOBBY: Wow - the lobby is stunning! They have a koi pond with flamingos, swans, waterfalls, a walkway under the waterfalls! They have a water station in the lobby to get some nice cold water and they have orchids to put in your water. They are on tooth picks so every day I went down and grabbed one and place it in my hair. The staff loved it :)
PARKING: People have complained about the parking and the spots being small. They are right, the spots are small, but you can easily park. There have also been complaints about there being no spots. Well hello....thats why they have a valet! If you don't see any spots you circle around, give them the key, and they park for you. But we only had that issue once. Otherwise there were always spots in the back.
LOBBY SHOPS: They have a bunch of shops in the lobby which were of all variety. Some where really over priced but some had great deals!
FOOD: The breakfast buffet (included in our package) was really nice. I would suggest not eating by the ocean since it is a hike if you want to get more food. The food was fresh and they always had smoothy shots ready at our table.
BEACH: The beach was great. I think more people hang out at Black Rock or by the pool so there was ample space on the beach. The water was fantastic! There was enough surf to body surf which was nice!
Next to the hotel was Whalers Village which has everything from the beloved ABC store where you can buy just about anything all the way to Coach and high end stores. They also have the Hula Grill which is a beach restaurant and Cain & Taro which has yummy food!
WALKING PATH: This runs right in front of the hotel and expands the entire length of Ka'anpali beach. It is so nice to stroll along it in the evening.
BLACK ROCK - a 5 minute walk to the Sheraton Hotel is Black Rock. It can be a little crowded but the snorkeling is out of this world! I have snorkeled all over the Virgin Islands, Dominican, Mexico, and southern Caribbean and I have to stay this snorkeling beats them all hands down!
WHALES: If you are there in the winter you can see whales breaching all day long and if you're snorkeling you can hear them talking under the water!
I would HIGHLY suggest this hotel! We scoped out the other hotels while we were there and none held a candle to the West Maui Resort.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Commanding Ka’anapali Beach, The Westin Maui Resort & Spa presents the ultimate Hawaiian getaway. Appealing to leisure and business travelers alike, unrivaled amenities are designed to inspire renewal at this island paradise. Unwind amidst well-appointed accommodations with signature Westin touches. Or enjoy splashing fun within the magnificent aquatic playground with five pools, cascading waterfalls and gardens with exotic wildlife. Adventure seekers can pick their favorite watersport steps away from the resort such as stand-up paddling, kayaking, para-sailing, snorkel and sunset cruises. The resort also offers spa rejuvenation, oceanfront dining, cultural activities, kids club, weddings center, meeting facilities, watersport, shopping, golfing and shuttles to historic Lahaina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Booking.com, Expedia, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina