“So far, so good!”

The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Ranked #17 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 22 August 2014

Disclosure.....I haven't stayed there yet!

However, I have organised a few activities with the Beach Activities Manager already and I have to say I am impressed.

Easy to deal with (despite the time differences), very quick responses and everything I asked about I got the answers in a courteous and efficient manner. Big thanks to Marshall Gallen......Manager of Beach and Pool Services.

I will write a review about the hotel itself when we've stayed there.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hadthetravelbug
There are newer reviews for The Westin Maui Resort & Spa

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This was my. First time to stay at a Westin and to visit Hawaii, everything was great, the Westin resort was so accommodating, very clean and a very friendly staff. My future travel both business and vacation will include the Westin as a choice of hotels to pick from.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Bronco51
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here had an ocean view room in the beach tower. Lovely newly renovated rooms. The pools are very nice and the location is central to many sites.

The beach nearby is lovely and within walking distance to black rock.

The concierge staff is friendly and helped set up activities quickly and easily.

• Stayed: July 2014
2  Thank Karyn S
Reviewed 20 August 2014

I am a local from Kaneohe, Hawaii and have stayed on Maui several times. This was definitely one of the best stays I have had on Maui. The oceanviews rooms were beautiful!!! We were treated like VIPs, with special welcome treats in the room and midway stay amenities; the kids got snacks and we got wine/champagne/cheese! Without a doubt the kids were extremely excited!!! Parking was very easy with a self-parking lot very close. It was often full but when it was full they offered free valet parking which was just as great! The pools were so much fun for the kids that we had to entice them to leave. We went over to the Westin Villa's to snorkel and that was the best snorkeling we have had!! And Free!! It was even better than the snorkeling off of Lanai trip that we paid for. They have free shuttles that take you to the Westin Villa's and the Sheraton property. We also took a tour of the Westin Villa's which are the timeshares. We didn't purchase a timeshare but were very tempted. We did end up purchasing another trip back to stay at the Villa's.

Even though I am a local girl, I really enjoyed the luau at the hotel. The entertainment was more Maori/Fijian but very authentic and entertaining. The food was really good although a little haoli-fied. Would have liked to have seen some laulau and chicken long rice.

The only recommendation I would have is to have at least one restaurant option that is air conditioned. It was pretty hot while we were there and we would have liked to have eaten inside especially for lunch after sitting in the sun all day. The main restaurant at the Westin is completely outdoors. I did notice that most restaurants in Whaler's Village was outdoors only as well so this appears to be a trend there.

Also be warned that the food/drinks are pretty expensive. They have a Starbucks type place but a Grande Mocha was over $6. I usually went to the local coffee place in Whalers Village instead (just a short walk away).

Room Tip: Oceanview is definitely worth the extra money
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank lilhwn
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My family of 4 (kids' ages 9 and 11) were here for 5 nights from 8/13/14. I was deciding between Sheraton and Westin - Sheraton for its on the beach snorkeling and Westin for its closeness to the Whaler Village dining options.

Overall, we were happy with Westin. The staff were friendly, the grounds clean and well-kept and amenities adequate for family relaxation. The kids enjoyed feeding the koi's and other fish every morning. We didn't try any of the on-site restaurants as we had a rental car to explore eating places. The Whaler Village being just steps away also provided plenty of other options.

There are 3 main swim pools - one is adult only which kids were not allowed which left us with the 2 main pools which were big enough for everyone to swim a bit.

With a paved walkway stretching from Hyatt in the south to Sheraton in the north, we did some after-dinner strolls to burn away the extra calories as well as checking out the other hotels. We liked the Sheraton best so that would be our choice when we next land in Maui.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Dave K
Reviewed 19 August 2014

My husband and I celebrated our 25th wedding anniversary at The Westin Resort and Spa. It was so very beautiful, almost surreal. The landscaping and waterfalls were stunning. The room was spacious and comfortable with an amazing view of the beach. We were just steps away from the Whaler's Village and many fantastic restaurants. In spite of some renovation/construction noise in the middle of the day, it was kept to a minimum and didn't detract from the enjoyment of our stay. The staff was friendly and went out of their way to make us feel welcome. I would go back tomorrow if I could...it was that amazing.

Room Tip: There are newly renovated rooms which are lovely, they may be found near the construction area, so b...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Momof4SpursFan
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I stay here often for work. They are generous with their upgrades to oceanview rooms. The flamingos and birds on the first floor are pretty cool. The spa is better than most resorts - the massages are amazing and they have an ocean view relaxation area to have tea in your robe and slippers after the massage. :) I had a few issues with room service this past trip, but they were very apologetic upon checkout and promised personal service on my next trip. The ocean view rooms are gorgeous!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank AlohaGirl86
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
Royal Lahaina Resort
Royal Lahaina Resort
#19 of 32 in Lahaina
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to The Westin Maui Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!