We spent our honeymoon at the Westin in Maui - it was fantastic and we can't wait to go back.
- The waves were great (and strong) in front of the Kaanapali Ali (next door to the Westin).
-Contrary to over reviews we've read, we liked the breakfast buffet. It was expensive at 25 per person, but there was SO much to eat (and it was great after the long flight). We didn't do this every day - there is a stand with pastries that we bought from the other days.
-The pools were awesome - and my husband loved the waterslide. I thought it would be kids-only using the waterslide, but there were a lot of adults using the bigger one.
-Our room was in the beach tower facing Whalers Village. We LOVED it. View was amazing (even though we were one of the farther rooms from the ocean). The room was bigger than the ones in the other tower, and had a full closet. It was clean and nicely maintained. And had plenty of room (bathroom was good sized too). DIdn't notice too much noise from Whalers Village.
-SO nice to be nice to Whalers Village. We enjoyed Leilani's and the Rusty Harpoon for meals. We did the food court a few times too - it's nothing special, but gives your credit cards a much-deserved break.
-Close to Lahaina - we loved going to Lahaina. Tons of neat shops, souvenir stores, drug stores for snacks, water, gatorade.
-The daily hotel fee (which I read a lot of people complain about) covers self-parking, 2 bottles of water daily, internet in the room (if you happen to have your laptop - we forgot it). We didn't think it was too unreasonable.
Things that we were not impressed with:
-Self parking - there is not very much of it. It is hard to get a spot unless you come back in the middle of the afternoon or before dinner as more people are gone during the days. It is impossible to find spots if you are coming back from dinner. Luckily, if the lot if full, they will valet your car for free.
-Housekeeping - they didn't come until late afternoon (like 5), and somedays did not come at all. We didn't want to remind them, as they did such a poor job anyways. They barely pulled the covers up on the bed (see picture attached). I am a frequent business traveler, and was appalled at the maid service. They forgot to take dirty towels on the ground by the sink, and didn't pick anything up.
Overall, the Westin was great - there were a few downfalls, but nothing that would prevent us from coming back. We definetly wished we would have stopped at Costco after arriving (its right by the airport) for water, gatorade and snacks. But there's always next time. :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali is located along a breathtaking stretch of the gorgeous, white-sand Ka'anapali Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Agoda, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Westin Maui Resort And Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Maui Resort And Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Maui Hotel
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Maui Resort Spa
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Resort And Spa Lahaina