“Very Good Choice”

Gemini Sailing Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Gemini is a 64' luxury catamaran designed to carry 75 passengers, but limit her to carry only 49, making Gemini Ka'anapali's most spacious catamaran. Gemini is also the only catamaran on Maui to have viewports in each hull to experience the whales, dolphins and amazing marine life without getting wet! We offer year round Snorkeling Adventures, seasonal Whale Watches and Sunset Sails. Discover Aloha on the Ocean!
Reviewed 16 March 2014

There are several choices for whale watching charters. We chose Gemini ands were no disappointed. They claim and seemed to get closer to the whales than any of the others we observed. Nice touch with the knowledge they disseminate as well.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"great trip"
in 22 reviews

Reviewed 16 March 2014

I took a pair of late afternoon whale watch trips with Gemini Charters and was really pleased with their boat, staff and the trips in general. If you are staying in Kaanapali, they are so easy to travel with based at the Westin Kaanapali. They offer a discount for return visitors. If you are a photographer traveling with them, it is definately more comfortable and stable to shoot from than the smaller pontoon boats. However its a different experience (I liked both). You may get a little wet getting on or off the boat. Depending on the waves coming in, you may get wet up to your knees or mid thighs. So just be careful with your gear getting on or off the boat. But once you are on board, it's very comfortable. You can hang out on the top deck outside, or inside the catamaran itself. The food is good, drinks are plentiful, the naturalists are competant. They were a little easier to book last-minute than some of the other boats in Kaanapali.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

Booked a Gemini sunset whale trip from Kaanapali Beach for my wifes' birthday and it turned out great. The boat is very stable ( a need as she gets queezy on boats) ,we went out on a windy afternoon with showers in the area and she was fine. The crew and naturalist were great and kept us supplied with adult beverages and apps as well as info about the whales. Boarding and departing was quick and easy also. Everyone on staff seemed to enjoy the trip almost as much as us quests.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had the most amazing time with the wonderful crew of Gemini Sailing Charters. Captain Mike, Linda, Jennifer and Scott were a great team who gave us the time of our lives. I found them on Trip Advisor and after reading many different reviews booked with them for our 6 days in Maui. We stayed at the Westin Maui Resort and Spa which made it even more convenient to access our afternoon whale watching from the shoreline. It cost $141 for the two of us and it included open bar and yummy food from the Westin on the afternoon cruise and breakfast goodies and no booze on the morning run. The chicken was amazing and did I say open bar..lol . The excursion is two hours on a 64' catamaran. The crew are very helpful helping you get on and off and it was so exciting from the get-go. They do have restrooms, marine bathrooms, on board. Our particular day was stormy and the whales playful. We saw so many playful whales and parents teaching their babies how to come up for air, splash around and have fun. I personally would suggest for those of you who might be prone to seasickness to take Bonine an hour ahead of time, where you can purchase easily from Walmart etc, and have no worries after that. They have a naturalist on-board explaining the whales behavior to you and assisting the captain locate whales. I wish we would of gone another day too but my husband was afraid we wouldn't have as good of a time as we did and wanted to keep it memorable....it was one of the best things we did in Maui. We have whale watched in Alaska too and was lucky enough to see Orcas...but this was superb!! BOOK THIS TOUR...you wont be sorry. Out of all my reviews I am not sure if I have ever given a 5 out of 5....if I have there were not many. Please...if you enjoyed my review and it was helpful..please check below as these ratings take time and you like to know that people are enjoying them.

1  Thank Charlene351