“Over priced and so so”

Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

I wish we had read the other reviews before we ate here. It was over priced, and good was bland, steak wasn't cook even remotely right and drinks didn't taste like they had alcohol in them. Won't do it again.

1  Thank Maria K

Reviewed 26 August 2013

Service was terrible...especially compared to the other locations on the island. We went here only because maui brewing was an hour wait. fish tacos tasted like fajitas. flat iron steak was a sirloin. sushi was good. our server forgot we were there. we leave minimum of 20% tip wherever we go out. we barely left 10% for this server. he was not good. tip was based on his performance not the less than avg food.

2  Thank Lisa R
Reviewed 13 June 2013

Great food and great service. Not fancy, but nice. Prices reasonable for Hawaii. I asked about a specific dish and even though they did not have the fish in, the server was nice enough to go check.

Would definately go back.

Reviewed 10 June 2013

We went early and apparently messed up their whole day. "We don't have our evening menu yet" "I don't know if you can get a baked potato yet" (which was on the lunch menu btw). Please. I can get a baked potato in my kitchen in less than 5 minutes. Why was this a problem for them? The table was sticky and there was a general appearance of dirtiness. Don't waste your time.

2  Thank Magic1987
Reviewed 15 April 2013

The first time I "peeked" in to see if I wanted to eat here, I looked in and walked out. I decided it smelled sort of like an old smokey bar. My husband talked me into trying again, and YIPPEE!!! I admit it seemed a bit seedy and dark, but the atmosphere was more homey than touristy. Our waiter, Zeb, was a real guy with story to tell. He was attentive and personable. My husband is gluten intolerant and Zeb made SURE that no gluten was present on my husbands food.
About that food...my 11 year old son had the steak and shrimp plate which he claimed was fabulous (I had one of his non-breaded shrimp and I can attest to the shrimp being de-lish). My husband and I both had the same thing: fish of the day Ahi Tuna grilled rare with baby bok choy...man oh man, was that tuna good! It was so fork tender and almost melted in our mouths like butter! The bok choy was either sauteed or slightly grilled, either way...scrumptious!!!
Don't be put off by the looks. It's not "newly remodeled" because it's a down home place with real people working there...;o)
p.s. They have a Sushi bar! Wow! Can't wait to come back next year! Mahalo Zeb!