My husband and I brought our 20-month old son to this resort. It's located at the end of the Kaanapali Parkway - it's the last resort on the strip of beach.
Kaanapali beach is perfect and Sheraton has the best stretch of it. It's location next to Black rock provides a great scenic backdrop.
The resort is just the right size, it's probably on the smaller side in terms of the pool area and common areas - but it's location on the beach makes it feel like a huge resort. The resort grounds are very stroller-friendly.
The rooms were really clean and comfortable. These are definitely hotel rooms not condos. Our room was on the lower level so we had a little patio that opened up to a lawn area and was literally yards away from the beach. The mini-fridge was a good size for us.
The staff is really nice and helpful - they were able to answer all my questions. There is a resort charge that you pay on top of your hotel rates - it includes self parking and wireless internet access. It felt like those items were "free" but I kept having to remind myself that its not necessarily free but rather it's included in the daily fee. Even thought I booked and paid for the hotel on Priceline in advance I still had to pay the resort fees at check out.
We arrived on a Wednesday evening just in time to watch the Black Rock cliff diving ceremony. That was interesting and the person performing the ceremony was such a good sport about taking photos with guests as he made his way toward the cliff. For a Wednesday evening there appeared to be a ton of activities for families.
It's less than a ten minute walk to Whaler's Village on a paved trail that winds along Kaanapali beach. Whaler's Village is great because it has the basic food court (McDonalds, sandwiches, etc.) as well sit down casual non-chain restaurants. The ABC store also had enough selection for us to stock up on snacks and drinks for our room.
Lahaina town was a quick ten minute drive from the resort. Perfect for souvenir shopping and great eats. (Aloha Mixed Plate, Ululani Shave Ice and Local Food all were repeats during our 4 day stay)
We ventured out to South Maui to visit Makena, Wailea and Kihei - an easy 45 minute drive from our resort.
Overall, It was the perfect resort for our stay. My husband and I agree that it would also be a great resort for couples without kids. We will definitely return - hopefully sooner rather than later!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Priceline, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Odigeo, TravelUp, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina