As a Platinum member, my family (and my sisters) were really taken care of.
We were upgraded to an awesome suite, that had a master bedroom and an additional living room with extra bathroom, which connected to my sister room, through the balcony and front door. Seem we had a section of the hotel to ourselves.....
The only downside that I can think of....it sure was tough to actually find our room(s) which turned out to be top floor, but the resort is so huge, it was like a maze to the unfamiliar. But once we knew where we were at....turned out great.
Would have nice for the bellboys to just take us there in their golf cart.
Prior to the hotel arrival, first stop when we arrived was Costco to ensure we had snacks for the kids and drinks for us adults. Also bought snorkeling gear there. This worked out perfect.
Beach was great, even went cliff jumping off of black rock, in addition to some pretty good snorkeling right there.
Wife and I took morning runs, and nightly walk to check out other places. This place has to be the best in the area, and platinum status really was worthwhile (although no lounge)
Kids loved the pool area, seemed to be there most of free time (or maybe they were at the beach)
We did a variety of activities:
Hotel Luau was fun
Snorkeling trip on a catamaran
Wife didn't like the parasailing too much, since she seemed to get dizzy from the height.
Didn't actually eat at any of the hotel restaurants, so can't comment. Drinks were expensive, but I had my own. A short distance away was a McDonalds, walked there a couple mornings to pick up breakfast for the family. I didn't seem to eat much on the trip though.
Great time at a great place.....headed to the Sheraton Waikiki when we left here....Tough to actually choose which place was better, both were very nice....
I think I enjoyed this portion more, since less crowded, the wife and kids probably enjoyed Waikiki more with all the shopping....
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina