Could have stayed many other places but really wanted to stay here because we had been to sunset dive & snorkeling at Black Rock on our last visit 4 years ago, & we thought this property was beautiful. It is. The setting is lovely & so spread out that you are not always on top of other guests, like at some other resorts in this area.
Unfortunately though, we had questionable service impressions. We were upgraded, which was great, but room was not ready for over an hour after promised delivery time & we had to check back with them. Towel attendant was totally rude. Just having arrived late in the afternoon, we had no idea what the towel turn in time was & we were very flippantly told we would have to carry our dirty pool towels with us if we wanted clean replacements the next day. Hauling dirty towels to see dive at sunset ceremony was not cool. No time to get to room & back. I did report this & the person I spoke with seemed to understand. The Mai Tai pool bartenders were very nice & worked really hard to ensure guests were pleased. Nice view from bar stools with catamarans off on the distance.
The room itself was clean & cozy. Bathroom was not as functional as others we have had, with everything including closet in the bathroom. Lanai was very dirty upon arrival, but they did clean when requested, then it was very enjoyable.
A lot of sand & kids in the pool. Floating bean bags were fun though. Beach seemed much more crowded and dirty this time, & unfortunately although we saw a lot of fish while snorkeling , the coral reef seemed really stressed compared to others we saw. Will probably not stay in the Lahaina /Ka'annapali area again, but would stay at the Hyatt again if I did. I would recommend this place to families only.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali Beach's Black Rock, is near Whalers Village and Kapalua-West Maui Airport. Our Hawaii hotel has a lagoon, a ballroom, and an Ocean Lawn for weddings and meetings ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Splitty, Southall Travel, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Maui Resort And Spa
- Sheraton Maui Hotel Lahaina
- Maui Sheraton
- Sheraton Lahaina
- Lahaina Sheraton
- Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa Lahaina