We really enjoyed the Lahaina Inn. It is an old hotel with cool antiques everywhere if you like that sort of thing (see picture). Price was low for the area. It's right off Front Street in the heart of all the action, but the rooms are nice and quiet, except as noted below.
We had two problems, which is why I rated 3 instead of a 4:
1. We booked through Orbitz, and they did not have the correct information for the room. It stated “standard room with full size bed, tv ....” The room had two twin beds (really cool old hand-carved oak beds, but not what you want on an anniversary trip!), and no TV. We didn’t care about the TV (there was a TV in the common room if we wanted one). The hotel clerk (the son of the owner, a really nice and helpfull guy) said they had problems with Orbitz’s information, and he seemed irritated that it was not correct. I don’t know who is at fault for that. The Orbitz site also has the cancellation policy, but it is cut off, so you don’t actually know what it is. I would recommend renting through the hotel to ensure that you get the room that you want and avoid internet sites even if they have lower prices.
2. As mentioned elsewhere, the truck noise outside in the mornings can be impressive. Saturday morning around 6:00 we started hearing truck noises, and then loud banging, like dumpsters being dropped off. It was like someone was pounding on a big metal dumpster with a sledge hammer for about two hours. Sunday morning it started again, but then stopped right away, like only one truck showed up, so that was not a problem. I guess the noise may vary depending on the day of the week.
I would recommend this if you want a reasonably priced hotel in the heart of Lahaina for a few nights. Rent through the hotel itself to get the best rooms. Ask them about the noise in the mornings from trucks and make sure you get a room away from the noise. Make sure your room has the bed arrangement you are looking for. If you want a TV, ask if your room will have one.
The hotel also has a common room with TV, tables, games, beach stuff, coffee, etc. Parking is provided in a lot a short block away; we had no problems finding a spot to load and unload our car right in front of the hotel when checking in and out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This boutique inn was recently remodeled and is situated in the heart of historic Lahaina Town. Just off of Front Street guests enjoy easy access to the many local restaurants, bars, art galleries, shops, historical sites, and Lahaina Harbor. Lahaina Inn guests enjoy complimentary shuttle services to Kaanapali Beach and full access to the resort amenities and prime beachfront location at Lahaina Inn's sister property- the Royal Lahaina Resort. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Lahaina Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lahaina Hotel Lahaina
- Lahaina Inn Maui