“Small room and dirty!”

Lahaina Inn
Ranked #31 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
“Small room and dirty!”
Reviewed 21 October 2012 via mobile

The only good thing i can say about this place after staying there for a week is that it is very central.

The room was dirty, the cleaning lady did not change the toilet paper and there is nobody at the reception after 7pm and before 11 am. The number you can dial in case you need assistance is a voice mailbox and you will not be able to get somebody on the phone...
At 6am the garbage truck comes and parks right behind this place - the noise that thing makes is horrible.
Dont expect friendly staff, a clean room but if you wanna stay central its a good place. If you have your own car they charge 13 USD per night for parking which of course is not included. I would definately stay somewhere else.

1 Thank Romano_CH

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Bailey, Colorado
Reviewed 13 October 2012

This small hotel is above the Lahaina Grill (which is a very delicious expensive restaurant). The rooms are small but very cute with a great little balcony where you can catch a view of the ocean. It's only staffed from 12-7 and there is a code on the front door that lets you in. You're literally one block off of Main street next to all the shopping and dining. The good thing is you get to use the facilities at the Royal Lahaina which has two pools and a nice sports bar. Great value for money. Can't beat it.

Room Tip: The end room I believe has a huge wrap around balcony.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 September 2012 via mobile

Absolutely perfect!!!!
Couldn't ask for a better location and the rooms are so quaint! Awesome view of the ocean while your sitting in your rocking chairs on your patio! Absolutely would recommend this hotel to a friend!

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Bijoux7
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 9 September 2012

My wife and I stayed at this place for one night, Friday night. Once we got there the place looked decent, great location for the price we paid. The first thing we realized that the floor was very sticky, but we didn't think it was a big deal, so we left our bags in the room and right away went out for dinner and drinks. Once we got back to the room, we realized that it was a bad choice to stay here period. I don't think the room was cleaned at all. In addition to the floor being sticky, the bathroom sink had hair in it, shampoo and soap were not replaced because they were half empty. Person on the front desk left for the night, so we couldnt even ask to switch the room. We were so alarmed by the room, that we slept dressed on top of the sheets. We were not about to use the sheets after what we saw in the room. We decided to put our clothing on top of the pillows and used our own towels to take a shower with our flip flops on. The next time we will definitely pay more and stay elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lahaina hotels

Inglewood
Reviewed 5 August 2012

I booked this hotel after looking and comparing other hotels in Maui. I figured since I was traveling solo, downtown Lahaina would have more to offer. I was right, it's centrally located near restaurants, historic landmarks, bus stops and the beach.

I arrived later in the evening, but was given the code to get inside the previois day. The employee from the Royal Lahaina arrived 10 mins later. The Inn has a sense of nostalgia, with the wooden floors, dresser and rocking chairs on the balcony. The only thing I wasn't used to was using a real key to open my door. The door opened after a few moments of jiggling and turning the knob. But by the last day, I mastered the doorknob.

Overall, it was a good value for a trip I booked in less than two weeks. I would stay there again for the location.

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank Journey2heaven
Private
Reviewed 23 July 2012

Lahaina Inn is actually the budget option of the posh Royal Lahaina Resort. The two are sister companies. Due to a odor issue I had the experience of staying in both. In short, Lahaina Inn has the best location, rates and room decor. This location is ideal for travelers who prefer to have convenient access to the tourist hub of Lahaina and spend most of the day site-seeing. Lahaina Inn is directly in the middle of the tourist area of Lahaina: shopping, restaurants, ferry to Lana'i, tour excursions and even a movie theater. However, if you want a more local experience that don't stay in the Lahaina area at all. I was told that Kihei, Maui is the non-commercial area.

The Inn is not outdated, but decorated in rich woods and accents from colonial times with a modern presentation. Actually the rooms are better decorated than the sleek IKEA presentation of the high end sister resort. I missed being at the Lahaina Inn.

The major problem with the Inn is the staff schedule. My suspicion is that a staff of one is running the entire Inn. Clearly, the Inn is treated as an after thought by management. I rarely saw anyone downstairs. A code is required to access the Inn starting at 7 pm. That was ridiculous to me. With minimal staff, this is not an ideal location for families or guests that require assistance.

Despite the management issue, I would still stay here again. I liked the room, location and rate that much. Also, when problems arise the practice is to upgrade. They were out of standard rooms at the Lahaina Inn, so I was upgraded to the beautiful Mauka room. I returned the next day to my room smelling like a skunk had died. I was immediately transferred over to the posh Royal Lahaina Resort. That worked for me. I was 5 star on a 2 star rate! I felt bad for the other guests at the Royal Lahaina Resort, that place is a rip-off!

Room Tip: Mauka was an excellent room with a balcony.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank CuriousTrvl
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2012

In our room, the shower head came off, because it was so rusted. Then we moved to another room, in the closet there was a bag of vomit, the bed creaked, every morning at 6 am we would hear the garbage truck and it was very noisy. I don't recommend staying here.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank laulaupaupau
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Ocean Inn
Maui Beach Hotel
#3 of 3 in Kahului
Lahaina Shores Beach Resort
Napili Shores Maui by Outrigger

Been to Lahaina Inn? Share your experiences!