“Good location and quality”
Review of Hololani Resort

and 1 more site!
Hololani Resort
Ranked #29 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 11 December 2010

We just spent 8 nights at Hololani - it is a part of our Vacation Internationale timeshare. We stayed in A803 and enjoyed it very much. Excellent ocean views and sunsets. The only downsides to Hololani are: the master bedroom is an extension of the living area, so no real quiet place for the baby to nap during the day, the second bedroom faces a noisy street and there was not a yard with sunchairs for resting with an ocean view, the only sunchairs were restricted to the pool area which is shaded for most of the day (at least in December). But overall, we've stayed here before and will likely stay again - Maui is wonderful.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank SLMcMill

Reviewed 30 November 2010

We stayed 7 nights in until A101, with our two young children and grandma. We really enjoyed our stay. The view was magnificent and our condo had everything we needed. We enjoyed BBQ'ing most nights and eating on our lanai. Dan, the manager, was very friendly and present, and you knew he took pride in managing the Hololani. They provide a supply of boogie boards and beach toys you can borrow. Our kids enjoyed swimming in the pool (keep in mind most of the guests there were over 60 and I wouldn't say overly kid-friendly--we had to remind our kids often to stay quiet in the pool area), and watching for turtles on the beach. The beach is not great, but there are so many nice beaches not too far away. There was a small shopping center close-by that you could walk to (not too much there, but a quick walk). I drove to Safeway in Lahaina for groceries before I realized there was a much larger, cheaper store called The Times (I think), just a couple of miles down the road. All in all, a nice, relaxing stay and we would come again (probably when our kids are older).

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank nornie73
Reviewed 21 October 2010

I've just returned from 10 days on Maui and I'm already trying to figure out how I'm going to return to my new home-away-from-home, the Hololani Resort.
After reading reviews on Trip Advisor and then then perusing the Hololani site, my sister and I booked unit #404 about 3 months prior to our trip. Not knowing what to expect, in brief, just about everything I experienced from the minute we walked through the door was a pleasant surprise. The condo was clean, peaceful, nicely decorated, and well equipped with everything I could ever need. Once I got my bearings, found the local supermarkets, and got insider tips from my neighbors about hitting COSTCO near the airport, I never had to leave my little stretch of pristine beach unless I wanted to sight see or dine out a handful of times. Other than loving breakfast at The Gazebo up the road in Napili, going upcountry for lunch Hali Maille General Store, or devouring a refreshing midday shave ice at Ululani's in Lahaina, I was always grilling fresh fish and veggies on one of the three grills down by the pool along with wonderful neighbors. Everyone at the complex was respectful and relaxed, the views were glorious, I floated in the ocean protected by the reef for many hours, the pool was warm at night, and I hated to leave! I highly recommend this condo complex if you want a reasonably priced, quiet, uncomplicated vacation.

• Stayed: October 2010
3  Thank daisyaura
Reviewed 19 April 2010

We stayed at the Hololani resort in unit A204 and it was fabulous. We rented this unit through [--] and the price was very reasonable. The view from this corner unit is nothing but spectacular. The resort is located in Kahana and accessible to so much on the west side of Maui. The pool area is small but adequate and the entire property is very clean and well appointed. Our unit was nicely decorated and had everything you could want in the kitchen. Beach chairs, mats, umbrellas and towels are in the unit and the carpeted lanai in this unit has wonderful, comfortable furniture. There is also a parking spot that goes w/the rental and that is a must in this area! There is also high speed internet available in the unit. There are 2 BRs in these condos and they are spacious. The front bedroom only has a louvered door to the living area and the back bedroom has a pocket door. I would say that is the only drawback to the entire place. The front BR has a fabulous view but you are right there on the water and it can be loud at night if you have the patio doors open. We loved it!! . The back bedroom has a nice view as well and it is a bit quieter. Lots of wonderful beaches nearby and fabulous restaurants very close. Our favorite dinner spot was Merrimans and it is just down the road from Hololani on the water-expensive but worth it and an absolutely beautiful place to watch the sunset! We can't wait to go back to Maui and we will stay in this same unit at Hololani!

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank Lovetovacationanytim
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Owner redesign and upgrades make this Hololani B 604 unit most unique. Furnished with beauty and style. Anything available you might need. Design of balcony making it a part of living room is a designers dream and a ocean watcher paradise. Will stay here again and have already recommended B604 to many of our friends. Have spent over 30 years visiting this area of Maui at excellent hotels and condos. None exceed this one for confort, view or value.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank fishcaptain
Reviewed 11 April 2010

We were booked into A-304; this unit is a gem; has been upgraded significantly and nothing is lacking, all the amenities and fixtures are first rate; great bed in master, vey comfortable. The view from the lanai is fantastic and the location of the complex is close to anything we cared to go and see

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VancouverLL
Reviewed 17 March 2010

My family and I stayed at the Hololani Resort and rented condo # B604. The resort sits right on the beach in Kahana Maui and was walking distance to shops shops and restaurants. The condo we rented was beautiful and the furniture seemed to be new. It had a full kitchen with granite counter tops and it even had a washer & dryer so we could wash our beach & pool clothes. The best part of staying here however was the view....wow! It was so beautiful it was like watching a movie. We had a great time swimming, paddle boarding and relaxing. We even saw a Hawaiian Monk seal which I have heard is very rare! I would definitely recommend this condo to a friend and already have. We booked our spot for next year through their website... www.onthebeachmaui.com

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Aston Mahana at Kaanapali
Kahana Falls
Kahana Falls
#28 of 32 in Lahaina
Kohea Kai Resort Maui,

Been to Hololani Resort? Share your experiences!