If you want absolute oceanfront, a swimmable and quiet beach, and spacious condo, look no further! Among the crowded Honokowai condo tangle, this property is a standout. Lokelani is only about 20 or so units with only about a 20' deep private lawn separating the all oceanfront units from the seawall and pounding waves. A short walk the length of the building brings you to a small set of steps onto the uncrowded beach where swimming and ocean sports are safely and easily available.
We stayed in a 2/2 unit on the 2nd and 3rd floors of this 3 story building. Ours was an end unit which offered no additional windows but did have a slightly better view from the lanai with its open side. (We also had the 5 story building next door to look at - a small drawback.)
The unit itself is living room, remodeled kitchen, laundry and small full bath with shower downstairs with a great covered lanai in front. Ocean is all you see in your view. 2 bedrooms with king and twins (can be converted to king) and a large full bath with shower upstairs. Front bedroom is full ocean view, with its own large sun soaked lanai - and very spacious. Back bedroom is parking lot view and does suffer a small amount of road noise (it's about 75 yards from L.Honoapiilani road). Both baths are also remodeled. Beds were comfy and all furnishings nice enough. There are large new TVs in LR and master with a small tv in 2nd bedroom. High speed Internet was reliable and very fast.
Three small drawbacks to this property - if you need/want a pool - theirs is in the parking lot. Can't imagine anyone uses it. Also there is only one parking space for the unit and very limited street parking. Finally beware there is no air conditioning. In December this wasn't an issue, but I'd be concerned for summer.
All in all, this property was awesome and the unit functioned well for our two couples sharing. The two lanais made for lots of getaway/private space when needed. Having two showers was nice. The kitchen was decently appointed and worked well for us. For me having in unit laundry is also imperative, so was great to have.
But bottom line is - the view, the beach, the privacy. Can't beat Lokelani for these amenities.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on Maui, The Valley Isle, Lokelani Condominiums hug the shoreline on Maui's famous West Side. Our low rise condominiums are situated on a picturesque, reef-protected sandy cove away from the main road and 30 feet from the ocean with a spectacular westerly view of fabulous sunsets, framed between the islands of Molokai and Lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotel.de, Agoda, Booking.com, Priceline and HRS so you can book your Lokelani Condominiums reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lokelani Condominiums Hotel Lahaina
- Lokelani Condominiums Maui/Lahaina