3,443 results
All reviews konea tower duke's restaurant aina market gourmet market sewage plant bosch appliances full kitchen ocean view through vrbo kaanapali beach rentals every other day washer and dryer times market grocery store quiet pool high end appliances underground parking
Reviewed 11 September 2018

This is one of the first times I've stayed in a condo (as opposed to a hotel room), and have never done it in Hawaii, but I definitely would again.

We booked through airbnb with an independent owner (who uses a management company). It was a 3 bedroom with 3 full baths, and each bed was a king-sized. The lanai was long and lovely, the full wall of windows was awesome, and the living/kitchen area was open and modern. We had some issues with appliances, but this is more of a management company/owner issue, so I won't comment.

The resort grounds are lovely and well-kept. There's a restaurant right on site, Duke's (which is part of a chain, we have a few here in CA), and the waitresses will come around and take drink/food orders at the pool, which was really nice. Live music is playing almost constantly at Duke's as well. Drinks are great. Food is good but not life-changing.

The pool at Hanua Kai is great-- there are actually four, and at least 4-5 hot tubs. An adult pool area, a "regular" round pool, a waterfall & waterslide pool, and a "lazy river." My family spent a lot of time here so I'll describe a little more. The "laze river" is in quotes because it does NOT go all the way around (why didn't they just add the extra 10 feet of river instead of making you get out??), nor is it powered by an sort of "flow" like a real lazy river is (which would have been SUCH a nice touch). Still, it is really fun to hop in a float tube and drift around (with the power of your own legs). We brought our own floats but they sell them there at a reasonable price and I highly recommend buying them -- use them in the ocean, too, it's awesome. The waterslide is a nice length for a hotel pool and my son (and myself) had fun going on it a lot. The waterfalls were cool, with a cave underneath, but there was no place to sit and relax in the "cave", so that was a little lame. All in all, these pool areas kept us entertained for many, many hours. Also, we never had a problem finding chairs, even four in a row. No one is obsessively reserving chairs all day here like they do often at resorts, and I really appreciated that.

The ocean was great. The beach is nice (sand is thicker and rougher here but that's just the texture of this section of ocean). There is a nice, calm "bay" area about 100 feet south of the hotel's front. We floated in our tubes for hours out here. I tried snorkeling; it was pretty lame and often the water wasn't very clear, anyhow. Better off getting in the car and heading north or south to more well-known snorkeling areas.

The resort also has a couple of stores that stock any snack or light food item you might need, as well as gifts. Our few interactions with people who worked there were delightful. Underground parking was easy.

Across the street from the back entrance of the resort is a dirt patch where 5-7 food trucks are, daily. This was a late find and a great one -- there is a Thai place that is TO DIE FOR here. Everything was delicious and the passionfruit juice for $3 was the best thing I had on the island. Get lunch here, you won't regret it. Also across the street is a very nice, fully stocked grocery store -- no need to head into the bigger town like we did. The grocery store is in a long strip mall of several restaurants and stores. The location of Hanua Kai was awesome. I would totally go back!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
9  Thank JarJar319
Reviewed 10 September 2018

I believe many of the rooms are independently owned so room conditions might vary. Our room was very clean and new. The entire resort seems very new and well kept. All rooms have a balcony and ocean view from what I could see.

There is a great beach directly between the ocean and the resort. We found rocks and coral not far off the sandy beach so we saw a lot of fish and even turtles snorkeling there. They have a gym but we preferred a nice run down the boardwalk along the beach each morning.

There were several other beaches we visited a short drive north and south of the resort plus a few places for scenic hikes. The best hiking we found was on the road to Hana. Best snorkeling was Slaughterhouse beach.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rod535
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We always stay here, and while pricey is worth it compared to similar lodgings. Staff is friendly, pools and beach are amazing and the rooms are generally high end. Easy parking and access to food trucks, groceries and has a long boardwalk which takes you to whalers village and pat other hotels. Our favourite place to stay in Maui.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dirk D
Reviewed 8 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed in the three bedroom suite over looking the pool and ocean. It was an incredible room with amazing views. Couldn’t of asked for anything nicer. There are multiple pools and jacuzzis to choose from and happy hour daily I believe. We went on a “fishing” trip through the resort. It turned out to be a half day boat ride and nothing was caught. We still made the best of it. Road to Hana was pretty cool but a very long day. I didn’t want to leave!

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt S
Reviewed 6 September 2018 via mobile

You may as well go camping, that’s how unavailable and lacking in service this hotel is. There was a recent power outage and it took 2 days for services to be restored AFTER power was restored. Simple aspects like, how to operate the complicated and obviously cheap AC unit, was never communicated. The staff is unknowledgeable and unhelpful, there isn’t a 24 hour concierge nor a front desk. I’m actually shocked by how bad this hotel is. The service is useless and without resolution. Exceedingly disappointed. Would never recommend nor stay here again.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple