“Excellent”
Review of Captain Woody's

Captain Woody's
More attraction details
Owner description: Aloha!! Come see the beauty of Maui from the water with Captain Woody's, the Original Private Charter boat in Maui!! Captain Woody has been in business in Maui for over 20+ years and would love for you to join him on what will be the highlight of your vacation!!! Captain Woody offers private charters for up to 6 passengers, so beat the crowds and make it a special day for your group!! On your private charter Captain Woody caters to your every need and lets you decide what you would like to do for the day, whether it be snorkeling with hundreds of tropical fish, ancient green sea turtles, eels, and other sea creatures, fishing, looking for dolphins, whale watching, or just enjoying the natural beauty of Maui from the water.
Los Angeles, California
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 17 July 2012

Really nice trip. Very attentive, relaxed snorkel trip. Visiting with my 80yo Dad and 7yo daughter so it was great to have a private escorted snorkel trip for everyone's enjoyment and comfort. Good turtle viewing. This is not cheap compared to taking a large group trip but ensures that you will have a great time.

Flowery Branch
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“Never a dull Moment!!! Not to be missed!”
Reviewed 15 July 2012

First of all I would like to thank TripAdvisor for helping me find Captain Woody!! This was our first trip to Maui and we were lucky enough to go on the snorkel tour with Woody our first day! We had the best time, in fact we loved it so much we actually went back again towards the end of our trip! Woody and Paris were a blast to be around and they made us feel so welcome! I'm very grateful at how patient Woody and Paris were because my mom has not been in the water in years and was terrified about getting in the ocean. Both of them took the time to make her feel comfortable and stuck by her side the entire time she was in the water. Their love of the ocean and wildlife really makes this trip special, they can name all sorts of fish and point out the most unique things that people would normally miss. We saw tons of fish, beautiful coral, giant sea turtles, eels, and we got to hold sea urchins and sea cucumbers! Woody and Paris take pictures for you and everything. It really is a first class experience with a laid back style! By the end of our vacation and our 2 trips with Woody, we know that we left Woody and Paris as friends (not clients) and cannot wait to get back to visit them!! We love you guys!!

San Jose, California, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Captain Woody is the best snorkel trip out there”
Reviewed 12 July 2012

I have never written a tripadvisor review before but after today, I feel compelled to do so. My wife and I are currently on our honeymoon and today's snorkel excursion with Captain Woody has redefined future excursions for us. It is our fourth trip to Maui and we have done every type of snorkel cruise. I ran across Captain Woody's ad and we decided to go with a more personal trip this time. It was beyond personal. We were taken care of from the time we left the boat ramp. There were four others, plus Woody and Paris, and we all had a great time. Just the cruising around, fun times conversing and joking, and the lunch was worth the cost. On top of that, we got to see an abundance of turtles, fish, eel, etc. at two different sites. We said to each other that in our current trips to Maui moving forward, we will not even try to go with some other outfit. From here on out, it's a charter with Captain Woody and Paris. Thanks so much for an amazing honeymoon memory.

2 Thank Chris N
Oxford, Ohio, United States
“Something new every time!”
Reviewed 8 July 2012

My family and I visit Maui very often and we are sure to pay Woody a visit every time! Such a chill, fun guy, and such a professional too! I'm a litte afraid of the ocean myself and get cold easy, and he's super easygoing about it. I can get in and out of the water as I please, which I really appreciate! I see new fish every time, and I swear the turtles just keep getting bigger! Oh yeah, and he always brings the BEST snacks =)

Visited May 2012
Brentwood, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing snorkel trip!!!”
Reviewed 18 June 2012

My girlfriend and I, and another couple chartered Captain Woody and his partner Paris for a ridiculous and amazing trip out on the water in Maui. Captain Woody said that "lunch was included." It wasn't lunch it was a huge tray of amazing fruits early on, a veggie tray with dip before lunch, and everything you need for a great sandwich, and potato salad, macaroni salad, brownies,everything. And they waited on us hand a foot which I was not at all ready for.

Snorkelling was at a marine sanctuary that was like looking in an enormous aquarium with epic color fish, eels, turtles, coral, sea urchins, and Woody and Paris knew all about the sea life and pointed everything out. It was indescribable.

We went to a second spot where we were swimming as close as we wanted to with giant turtles and more fish.

They provided us with great equipment, instruction, and were right there with us with a buoy in case we got tired. Weak swimmers don't be scared, they'll take care of you.

And they'll let YOU guide the tour. Snorkelling, fishing, whatever you want to do they'll mak happen. I can not recommend this trip and this very kind crew more.

Visited June 2012