“Excellent day with Captain Woody!”
Review of Captain Woody's

Captain Woody's
More attraction details
Owner description: Aloha!! Come see the beauty of Maui from the water with Captain Woody's, the Original Private Charter boat in Maui!! Captain Woody has been in business in Maui for over 20+ years and would love for you to join him on what will be the highlight of your vacation!!! Captain Woody offers private charters for up to 6 passengers, so beat the crowds and make it a special day for your group!! On your private charter Captain Woody caters to your every need and lets you decide what you would like to do for the day, whether it be snorkeling with hundreds of tropical fish, ancient green sea turtles, eels, and other sea creatures, fishing, looking for dolphins, whale watching, or just enjoying the natural beauty of Maui from the water.
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Our family of four (including kids aged 15, 12) was looking for a snorkeling trip while in Maui. My husband came across an ad for Captain Woody and we were lucky he had an open day. The weather was beautiful and Captain Woody and Taryn made sure we were safe and comfortable at all times. We has a phenomenal snorkeling experience, seeing 5 sea turtles, 4 eels, whales and many schools of fish. We had a tasty, fresh, plentiful lunch followed by a scenic cruise to a successful fishing hole. We felt pampered and spoiled, having so much personal attention. We were able to learn a lot about the islands and the ocean. This has been the highlight of our trip!

There are newer reviews for Captain Woody's

Reviewed 6 April 2014

Enjoyed our day with Captain Woody and Lance very much. We went snorkeling with Lance and he showed us where the sea turtles and other really interesting sea life was. I can say that it was the best snorkeling that I have ever done. Captain Woody had delicious food on board waiting for us. We enjoyed their company and everything about the day. Would definitely go with them again.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

We had a great day with Captain Woody in 2011 and my husband said it was his #1 item on the "to do" list when we returned this past spring. Woody and the crew are so gracious - they truly make sure that you have the best experience for your group! We whale watched (great pics), snorkeled, swam with the turtles and fished. It was a perfect excursion for our group of five that ranged from ages 12-64!!

I would recommend Woody to anyone that wishes to get away from the annoying group tours. It was like heading out on the water for a day with family....the conversations are fun...food was good....and seriously - flying fish, turtles and whales all in one day? What else can you ask for?? We will be back again to see Woody when we return to Maui. ALOHA!

Reviewed 2 March 2014 via mobile

I try to avoid huge group excursions whenever possible. I just don't like being herded like cattle and having absolutely no say in what our day will be like. That being said, I wasn't sure if chartering a private boat for a day of snorkel and whale watching would be in our Maui budget...until I found captain Woody....make this a must do on your trip to Maui!!!
We met Woody and Taryn (woody's way-too-gorgeous deck hand....just kidding Taryn!!) at the mala boat ramp in Lahaina. It was a beautiful 45 minute drive from our resort in wailea. Within minutes we hopped on captain woody's beautiful and spotless boat. You can tell he takes great care of all his equipment. As we cruised out of the ramp area I knew I made the right decision going private as I watched all the angry tourists tapping their feet on land waiting for their whale watching excursion that was already running 45 minutes late picking them up. And it looked like there were about 40 people waiting to pile onto the boat.
Back to Woody and Taryn...we brought a cooler with mimosas which Taryn made for us as soon as we were ready. Captain went over the rules of the boat and water...I really appreciated this because it let us know we were safe and in good hands and it allowed the mommy in me to sit back, chill out, and know that we were taken care of.
We cruised around wherever we wanted to go all day. Both Woody and Taryn constantly checking to make sure everyone was happy and having fun. We snorkeled at two amazing spots. Taryn even dove down and shot pics of us with sea turtles...very cool!
Midday we came across a pod of whales. I sat with my feet dangling over the bow of the boat, eating a yummy lunch captain and Taryn prepared for us, and watched (and listened) to the whales splash and play all around our boat. Could not have been a more perfect day. Thank you Captain Woody and Taryn for a great day...y'all were so cool and hospitable. We will definitely see you next time we are in Maui! (And you better have more brown long sleeve Captain Woody shirts!!)

1  Thank BarriT81
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We spent a fabulous day feb 9th with Capt. woody and Megan.
Whales, snorkeling with the turtles and perfect weather. Megan guided us on our snorkel tour and would dive down and bring up small creatures for us to see. I will definitely recommend this to friends.