“Loved the birds”
Review of The Birdstand

The Birdstand
Ranked #50 of 125 things to do in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: If your looking for a photo op that wont make you cringe later, come visit the birdstand in lahaina. Located at the Pioneer Inn Lahaina, the Birdstand is a great place to get you photo taken. Open from 11 am - 9pm, the Birdstand Offers reasonably priced Family photo's you'll be happy to show your friends. Make postcards to send home and introduce yourself to some of the coolest Birds you will ever meet. We work with children of all ages :D
Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Loved the birds although it was getting late at night I felt sorry for the birds as they do sleep at night we received our photos in the mail on time before we ventured home

1  Thank Helen R

Reviewed 16 May 2014 via mobile

It was very nice to be around some exotic birds , would take another pic if I return Maui someday
Very much recommended while visiting in Maui if you ever get a chance.

1  Thank Rosanna L
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Not a huge attraction, but it is a great place to take the kids to see the gorgeous birds. The handlers seem quite nice and the birds are just fun.

2  Thank glhenry
Reviewed 8 April 2014

For 16 years, our tradition on every trip to Maui is a bird picture! The birds are beautiful, tame and well cared for. One of the handler even got hit by a car protecting a bird. Great, great pics every time I've gone! Thanks!

1  Thank 6GDYRS
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We love birds so when we read about this attraction on Trip Advisor, I knew I had to take the kids. We got there too early- he doesn't arrive with the birds until noonish and stays until 9 p.m. There are two or three different 'shifts' so the photographers/handlers and birds rotate throughout the day (thank you for that!!). Our photographer, David, was quite patient with our questions (as I'm sure he's heard them a billion times before). I wanted a photo with the kids and we had one son who was a bit apprehensive but David settled him right away. He introduces the birds to the kids (so the kids know the names) and poses them in fun ways (like Sweet Pea on her back, cupped in my son's hands!). We picked up the pictures the next day (so be prepared to have to drive back unless you want to pay to have them mailed back). We came back three days later and the pictures were ready and looked great!

As an aside, you can take pictures of the birds but if you want pictures of you with the birds, that's what you pay the photographer for… and he did a great job and the photos are great! We have 10 photos to give away to friends and family that are a unique memory of our trip here...

1  Thank Maureen R