“Best Activity My Wife and I did!”

Top Shot Spearfishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: With locations on Maui and Big Island, Top Shot Spearfishing is proud to offer the most unique and unforgettable spearfishing excursion in Hawaii. Our professional spearfishing guides train on safety, speargun control, freediving form, breathing techniques, fish identification, and many other techniques that will have you spearing fish quickly and safely. We are proud to focus our efforts on removing invasive fish from Hawaii's reefs and we are confident that your spearfishing excursion with Top Shot Spearfishing will be the experience of a lifetime!
Spanaway, Washington
“Best Activity My Wife and I did!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

My wife and I got to go to Maui. With a Free Hotel because of a family time share we were able to scrape together enough money. We had enough money left to do 1 paid adventure. I have an amazing wife I wanted to go spear fishing but i thought she would want to go to the popular snorkel spot 3 miles off of Maui (I forgot the name) . I asked my wife and she said she rather go spearfishing. We showed up met by 2 nicest instructors who were patient with us and help us be safe. My wife could dive down i had issues, could not pop my ears but the guys were helpful with luring fish out into the open and just telling us how to wait and shoot them. Besides shooting fish in the face as they said. I saw 2 turtles 3 or 4 eels and fish i had yet to see. Overall awesome experience would not trade it for anything. If i ever have money to go to Maui again i will be doing this again. Thanks guys for awesome experience

Much Love From The Feasters
Try and Post a pick We will be in orange shirt (me) and my wife in a purple shirt

“Must do in Maui!”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This was my first time Spearfishing and it could not have been more fun. I have always been an outdoors type of person and this went beyond expectations! The instructors also kept it fun yet informative. Could not have asked for a better crew and time!

Visited May 2014
Vancouver, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Top notch outfit, great experience!”
Reviewed 29 April 2014

My experience took place on the morning of April 14, 2014. Three friends and myself in Maui for a vacation did the intro class. An adequate amount of time was spent going over safety, shallow water blackout causes and prevention, fish identification, and game plan. Both John and CJ were very professional, and they adapted their time in the water to the abilities of the people in the class. I would advise to be experienced with snorkeling before you do this class, as it will be more enjoyable. Every member of our group got a fish, I myself got 8. By the end we were on shore and John was cutting up some fresh sashimi for the group, which we gnoshed in good order. I have taken a couple of spearfishing classes, and this one was by far the best I have taken. These guys respect the ocean and are foremost concerned with the safety of the group. Every class I have taken has taught me something new, so I think this class would even be good for the experienced spearo as John has some pretty unique techniques to teach. All in all a great experience. I'll be doing it again on my next trip to Maui.

Mahalo

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I had a blast!”
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

Went to spearfish maui without and expectations. What I left with was a knowledge for sprearfishing and a adventure I will always remember. Our guides were great, they would babysit you if you needed it and or give you your space if that's what you wanted. I Don't have a bad thing to say.

I would however recommend putting sunscreen on the backs of your legs.! Ouch!

1 Thank Dustindiver4
“Prepare to be blown away!!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

Spearfish Maui ROCKS!! Get ready to have the time of your life. These guys - Chris John & CJ are salt of the earth guys. Respectful, patient, courteous and very informative. First time spearfishing for myself and my son (14). John spent most of the day in shallower water with us to "break us in" and when we were comfortable, we swam a bit deeper to increase the challenge. After the day was over, John fired up the BBQ and cooked the catch of the day. For the second trip, we went to the "honey hole". Never knew there could be so many fish in one place. This second trip was for the memory books. I asked to see a shark. We spent 2 hrs spearing while 3 whitetip reef sharks circled below. BLOWN AWAY!! I've fished and hunted my whole life but THIS was the experience of a lifetime. Nothing says predator like holding your breath, sinking below the surface and waiting for an unsuspecting fish to come in range. Also, I know there negative reviews about spearfishing but THESE guys are very respectful in every way. They are not careless and nothing was wasted. They will cater to every skill & comfort level from spearing in 6ft of water to 40 ft with whitetip reef sharks. Anyone wants to write a bad review, go do it somewhere else. It's called SPEARFISHING, not "fish watching"!! We will be back again & again. Thanks John Chris & CJ.

Kyle Good - Rylan Good....Ground Swell