“Good place for supermarket”

Lahaina Cannery Mall Free Hula Shows
Ranked #13 of 17 Concerts & Shows in Lahaina
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This mall is very humble when you compare it to other big malls with big chain stores. You do have a abc store (kinda like a local 7/11) you can fine this chain store all over the island.

You also have a Starbucks, safeway and a longs drugstore. You also fine some local shops and and a food court.

It does looks a bit empty buy go with an open mind we ended going there multiple times total buy food, some souvenirs, Starbucks and some tshirts as well as some Home decor forma The banana wind Store.

2  Thank Mr M
There are newer reviews for Lahaina Cannery Mall Free Hula Shows

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We found everything we needed to stock up our hotel rooms at the Safeway. Prices were reasonable with many items on sale. Shelves were full with few items out of stock on a Monday. It's full of people stocking up their condos and most everyone is friendly. East coast folks note that this is much like when the weekly beach/shore renters hit the stores - busy but everyone is generally in a good mood.

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Looking for something to do before going to Iao Valley. Found this free hula show - what the heck - It's free. Show was fast paced with lots of costume changes. We enjoyed the show very much. The little performers were great. It's great to see Hawaiian culture flourishing and being passed on.

2  Thank Angela M
Reviewed 1 June 2014

To those people who wrote negative things about this mall: you're WRONG!

We just happened to wander into the mall, which is adjacent to the Safeway. SURPRISE! We found ourselves in this kind of bizarre, indoor retail space with many unique stores. As a matter of fact, we went back here a couple more times, after that first chance visit.

I bought a nice baseball cap at the Logowear store. A great cap! The best one - for me - that I found on our trip: $22. I always buy a cap on our trips and am very particular. Looked at lots of caps at a number of stores and resorts. This cap: the best!

My wife also found a couple nice skirts at one of the stores. Very nice.

There is also a Starbucks here, the Safeway - which I mentioned - and an ABC store. In other words, they have everything at this mall to cover your everyday needs.

The Hula Shows: they run a couple days a week at a specific time. We weren't around at that time to catch the show. We did see a large stage area, in the middle of the mall, with chairs for people to sit and watch it. If you're around here at Show Time, what can it hurt? Go see the show.

One last thing about this mall. No doubt, this is a small, sleepy little mall. When we stopped here, it wasn't very busy. So, I asked one of the merchants: "How's business?" She replied: "Not as good as it used to be!" Here's the deal . . .

This mall is in its "winding-down days." Safeway bought the ENTIRE mall and it is going to be closed and re-worked/re-modeled in a few months. Non of the merchants know exactly what Safeway plans to do with all the space. Time will tell. But the merchant that I spoke with told me that the Safeway here - at this mall - is the largest grossing Safeway in the Western Hemisphere. If that's the case, I'm sure that there are BIG PLANS for Lahaina's Cannery Mall.

If you're in the area, go visit this mall. Chances are that you're going to find something that you like . . . a lot!

2  Thank M&ALongGrove
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This looks like a mall that is going out of business. Touristy shops in here. I was just happy they had a starbucks. There is a shopping mall across the stress from this that had a Barnes & Nobles, Melting Pot, and Walgreens among many more. We preferred Whaler's Village in Kaanapili.