“Who you fu lin?”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 31 January 2014

Waiter upsells dishes. After I ordered my dish, he asked me "White or Fried Rice?" I didn't care for rice, but if he insisted, I agreed to "fried" assuming it came with my order. Instead, I got charged an additional $12 for a whole dish! Sneaky sneaky!

Was a slow day too, so it may just be how they do things when business is slow, so to all you Honeymooners, be careful not to agree to anything other than your order and ask them to specify if it comes with the dish or will you be charged for it.

Felt totally ripped off leaving that place. Not a nice feeling.

3  Thank JJny82

Reviewed 23 January 2014

...and Fu Lin, while not truly great, is a cut above the other two "real" Chinese restaurants on the island. Neither of the other two appeals much to me these days, although one of them, China Boat, was once a "fave," but I find the fare offered at Fu Lin more to my liking now. (I've been a Maui resident for 30+ years, moving here from San Francisco. I ate at a lot of restaurants in Chinatown over the years, and Fu Lin might just make the top 30% there, but it's the best we have (in my opinion), and we make do with that. (My wife and I often have two char siu appetizers with a fried rice variety, and that makes for a really good meal for two.) The weakness there is the service. Actually, it's very friendly, but unless you're content with a long, lingering dining experience (read "excessive"), try someplace else.

Reviewed 30 December 2013

We ate here last night. There was a bit of a wait, but we were seated which indicated we would be served soon. While sitting there for 15 minutes we sent two of our party to check out another place. Finally we got to order drinks and apps. Two of our party wanted noodle soup, but oh they're out. They brought 2 drinks of the 6 and ran off. The whole night went like this. Sure, they were busy and understaffed, so don't sit us if you can't serve us. the one positive, the pot stickers and coconut shirmp were good. The other food was bad. Oh, and no steamed rice.

Reviewed 16 December 2013

We are Chinese. My wife have to have Chinese food. So we went to several so called Chinese food rest. Finally, we swing by Fu Lin. What a present surprise! You can get authentic Chinese food in Maui. The owner is from Southern China. So, if you like Cantonese Chinese food, this is the place.

3  Thank PanDennisKwok
Reviewed 30 November 2013

Average food but fast service. The fried rice was good and so was Blackbean chicken. The atmosphere is typical Chinese - a bit lower end for the prices. The restaurant is right of Front Street with plenty of parking.