“best meal in maui”

Ranked #15 of 266 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Serving Fresh House Made Noodles & Asian Specialties.
Reviewed 28 August 2014

Did not really like Sheldon from top chef, but thought i would try his restaurant anyways and was pleasantly surprised. Most Hawaiian style menus are a bit homey, but Sheldon has managed to elevate those items and this turned out to be my favourite meal on Maui.

Make sure to order the fried soup noodles, its appearantly a Hawaiian thing, and it is very flavourful.

There are newer reviews for Star Noodle

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We called ahead and got on their call ahead seating. They told us to arrive in about 45 minutes. We did, then waited another 30 to 40 minutes standing outside in their parking lot with many others (there really isn't an area to wait inside) to then get seated at the bar. They did ask before we were seated if the bar was okay but at that point we were just thrilled they finally called our name and just wanted to eat. The restaurant is small, very noisy and lacking in ambience. The food was okay. Of all the restaurants we went to in Maui this was our least favorite. It was, however, our least expensive dinner. Perhaps if you are hungry mid-afternoon and find the place less crowded you may have a different experience. They do offer take out - that might be a better option.

1  Thank KCC3
Reviewed 27 August 2014

On our recent trip to Maui, we followed recommendations to try Star Noodle.

The restaurant was very busy and seemed a good indication of what was to come.

The staff were very friendly and helpful in guiding us through the menu. The food choices are healthy and a welcome break some of the heavier options available at other restaurants.

The setting inside the restaurant was trendy and very hip. It felt like one of our favorite noodle haunts in West LA.

Maybe the kids were tired, but they were fussy with their meals. For that matter, the adults picked at their food. Everyone expressed the opinion that we were glad we stopped and tried the place, but we did not expect to return.

As a result, I would suggest this dining experience for couples who are not trying to appease kids with the menu. Take your time and read the food choice descriptions closely.

Believe me, we were surrounded by locals and other tourists who were gobbling their food.

Give it a try!

Reviewed 25 August 2014

We've been to Maui several times. We are always on the lookout for good eats for reasonable prices. I researched and YELP lead me to this place. From the reviews, I was a little leery because we are from LA and have really great asian food so I feared this place wouldn't hold up but fear not, Yelpers! The food is not only reasonable but tasty! Throw in great service and you have an enjoyable meal that won't make you go bankrupt!

We went to the restaurant before the dinner crowd at about 4pm, which I highly recommend you do as its relaxing. We pretty much had the place to ourselves for a good 40 minutes before people started filling up the place. After spending the day in the ocean we were ready to get our grub on and grub we did! And they made our grub quickly.

Hubby and I tried the miso salmon, steamed pork buns, fried noodles, local green salad, and malasadas. Of those items, I really enjoyed the pork buns and the miso salmon. Hubs of course liked everything else. I did enjoy the salad. The salads in Maui are usually amazing because they are made with fresh local ingredients. I wasn't keen on the dressing so much so that is what made it just alright for me.

The staff was very friendly and had good recommendations on what to try. I am so glad we went with our waitresses recommendation for the malasadas, as they hit the spot and the dipping sauces were just oh-so-good. Check this place out!

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Loved Star Noodle. You have to get the pork buns which were delicious! The cocktail of the day was innovative and very refreshing. Everything we ate was top notch and the server was funny and very friendly. I took off one star because the restaurant climate seemed unusually warm like the air wasn't working correctly but I would definitely go back next time in Maui. You should try it, you won't regret it!