“Bland food, bland service ”
Review of Star Noodle

Star Noodle
Ranked #26 of 287 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$7 - US$15
Cuisines: Asian
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Serving Fresh House Made Noodles & Asian Specialties.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Waited an hour in the cold expecting awesome food. Met with brusque counter seat office by a Johnny who couldn’t even serve green tea ‘sorry we’re a little packed’ but has time to chat with the 2 ladies next to us. The only redeeming dish was the mushroom appetiser. Ramen soup stock was nothing to shout about. Definitely not worth the long wait.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,382)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Finally got reservations to this place. The food is outstanding!!!! Understand why reservations are needed. Line outside at late lunch. The tempura shrimp as an appetizer was wonderful, followed up with garlic noodles. Asian pear was the perfect drink! Will definitely be back next year!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We were on Maui last week, looking for a new place to try. I went to Yelp to check reviews, Star Noodle was rated high, we tried it, loved every single thing about it!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My daughter is a noodle FIEND and she had been looking to go here once she found out that it was in the area. We had to make reservations a couple of days in advance so keep that in mind if you want to dine here. We started off with a number of appetizers which, in descending order of preference were:

Scallop Shots
Steamed Pork Buns
Vietnamese Crepe
Gailan

We had the Scallop Shots last & then ordered dinner - but the appetizers ended up satiating my hunger, so I barely touched my Hot & Sour. In order to really get the Hot & Sour taste you need to squeeze in the chili limes, otherwise kind of bland. My daughter had the Udon and she said that the appetizers were better than the Udon.

Given the going prices in Maui we thought this was a tasty meal at a decent price.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

The food and service was AMAZING! We sat at the bar and could see all that was being prepared in the kitchen. If you don't want to eat alot, don't sit there. I asked what each dish was...and ordered it! As I said AMAZING! We had the Pork on Steamed Bun, Vietnamese Shrimp and Pork crepes, Filipino Pork Belly and Poached Egg, the Hape Ramein soup. Remember you should make reservations even for lunch to be safe.