“Awesome Instructor, Bad Experience with Certification”

Hawaiian Rafting Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: Hawaiian Rafting Adventures is a full service dive shop and boat dive operator working out of Lahaina on the island of Maui, Hawaii.We offer a range of scuba classes from PADI discover scuba to TDI technical rebreather diving. Our boat does daily trips to the island of Lanai and along the Maui coast. Come enjoy scuba diving with Hawaiian Rafting Adventures!
Reviewed 11 May 2013

Spent $550 on a referral course, passed all the tests with flying colours, then they refused to process the paperwork for my PADI Open Water diver card - apparently to avoid spending $40!! The instructor, btw, was fantastic (Mark), and the sites we dived at were great, but the hassle of getting my certification processed afterward left a very bad taste, and was a major disappointment. I certainly wouldn't go back, and highly recommend anyone looking for a certification course find somewhere else!! Luckily PADI sorted it out for me (they were amazing, actually) - but between the course and over $500 in other purchases and dive fees, I was shocked to find myself getting ripped off, basically. I guess they're not interested in repeat business.

3  Thank Geoffrey P
Steve J, General Manager at Hawaiian Rafting Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

We are always interested in repeat business and if we had all the paper work from the referral dive shop complete the certification could have been processed with out issue. It is unfortunate the customer paid so much to the originating shop for his course and then had to pay for the 4 open water dives, 2 days on the boat after he got to Hawaii. The originating shop did not want to send us complete paper work or finish his certification even though we had signed off on the 4 open water dives which is what he paid us for. We have Great Instructors and try to provide great customer service if at all possible.

Reviewed 17 April 2013

These were some of the most amazing swimthroughs we have ever seen! Mike was quiet but extremely knowledgable. Great boat, great team.

1  Thank bpianopilot
Reviewed 9 April 2013

Stunning location. Great crew. Good gear. Brilliant, highly knowledgeable skipper. Superb photos from the dive masters afterwards. We saw whales, dolphins, turtles and octopus. Everything provided inckuding lunch. Highly recommend.

1  Thank Anotherkiwitraveller
Reviewed 3 April 2013

The team at HRA is the best. Our 16 yr old daughter has had scuba diving on her list for a few years. HRA was highly recommended to us and we can see why! Captain Steve, Mark and our Dive Instructor Carrie were amazing. Carrie especially. She's a keeper :>. I know everyone says that but these guys were incredible. it was an intro dive for both of us on a boat of 12. Their attention to detail, safety and making sure we were comfortable made our first dives not our last. Double Arches and 1st Cathedrals were surreal! HRA set the bar high! And thx to the rest of the divers who made us feel part of the group. Lunch and the BBQ chips were a nice touch. Thx to all for an amazing unforgettable experience. Sharon and Emily, Vancouver Canada.

1  Thank Sharon M
Reviewed 29 March 2013

The diving is spectacular Captains Steve and Nick plus crew Sadie, Mark and Carrie were fantastic. I shot the best videos of my life, Mrays hunting and catching fish, White Tip reef sharks, Turtles even saw a couple Frog Fish... the list goes on and on. This is the epitomi of a well run dive operation. This is THE place to go to if diving is on your agenda while in Maui. This is my second time enjoying the diving through Hawaiian Rafting Adventures and this trip was strictly for the diving and they far excedded my expectations. I can't say enoiugh good things about them and I highly recommend them

1  Thank DanePeterson499