“Beautiful course” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kaanapali Golf Courses

Kaanapali Golf Courses
Ranked #57 of 148 Outdoor Activities in Lahaina
More attraction details
Owner description: World-class golfing at the heart of Kaanapali Beach Resort, is home to the Senior PGA Tour EMC Kaanapali Classic.
Omaha, Nebraska
920 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 422 helpful votes
“Beautiful course”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

This is a very open course and along with the spectacular ocean views that provide an ongoing trade winds there are a million reasons for bad shots to happen.

Visited February 2014

• Korean first
Syracuse, New York
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Great twilight deal at the course”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We went golfing with our 14 year old son and our 17 year old daughter. Kids golfed for free. Rented clubs from Mike who dropped them off at the hotel. The course is beautiful. The 9th hole has a spectacular view. Great afternoon!

Visited July 2014
bay area
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 44 helpful votes
“royal is good, kai is boring”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

the royal is wide open but can be windy. views from most of the holes. played the kai because they offered a $39 replay so while it was boring, still a good value at this price.

Melbourne, Australia
48 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 97 helpful votes
“Great views, shame about the greens”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2014

We played the Royal Course. Positives were the friendly staff and well run starter. Course is interesting as it winds its way amongst resorts and condos before heading across the road where you get great views albeit traded off against being more exposed to the prevailing winds. The downside of the day for us had been that the greens had been recently cored and putting was a bit hit and miss. Snack cart was seen once on the first nine and then a couple of times on the back nine. All in all it was an enjoyable experience and I would love to play when the greens were back to normal

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“One terrible thing to ruin a round”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I played the Kai and two days later played the Royal. The experience the first day was very nice, a little slow and as mentioned in a prior post the beverage cart was scarce, one saw her once after the fourth hole and then after 10 or so. The staff was very nice and we really enjoyed the day. Two days later we returned to play the Royal, we got off to a great start, the course was challenging but fair and it was wide open. When we got to 16 the grounds guy was mowing the fairway, he made NO effort to move to the side and sat right in the middle of the fairway as I hit my drive. I was very intimidated on the tee and frankly shanked my drive. I have never seen a grounds person sit right in the middle of the fairway like that in 25 years of golf. I was pissed. We pull up and my wife goes to hit her drive and he does the same thing, she of course is intimidated and does not hit the ball well. He continues to sit in the middle of the fairway during my next shot and my wife's next two. We are now furious, he is making NO attempt to avoid interference. We finish putting and he drives away. We play 17 a little par three and go to the tee on 18 and here he is again and he sits right in the middle of the fairway for both of us again, I try to wave him to move and he just sits there. He proceeds to sit in the fairway 150 yards away throughout both my and my wife's drives and second shots. I am outraged at this point. When my wife is hitting her approach he pulls up 20 feet behind us and sits and stares at her while she hits her shot. I am yelling at him to turn around and leave us alone. As soon as she hits her shot he THEN turns around and goes back the other way. The last three holes of our dream vacation golf were destroyed thanks to this jerk. I am furious at this point and make my opinion known when I get to the clubhouse. The guys in the club house understand take my number for the superintendent to call and as of yet no phone call. My wife and I are heartbroken that this is probably the only time we will ever be in Hawaii and playing golf on a course that charges nearly $200 a round and this is how we are leaving the island, with our last three holes ruined by a groundskeeper. The final taste in our mouth is bile and anger. We were so excited to play here and we are heartbroken. I have had better experiences playing on a mediocre course back home for $35 than this. There are not words profane enough to explain how we feel. The views were best on the Kai course but The Royal is more challenging. Both courses were very women friendly as far as layout and there were a lot of nice things along the way, but our experience was truly ruined. In 25 years I have never felt so disrespected as a paying customer let alone at the prices-disgusting. Short of them flying us back to hawaii for another week, and comping our flight, hotel, and a couple rounds of golf I will never ever set foot on this course again or recommend playing there. Again the best word I can say is heartbroken.

3 Thank Brettsax