“Great place to stay near the ocean, clean rooms, lush gardens.” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Paki Maui Resort

and 1 more site!
Paki Maui Resort
“Great place to stay near the ocean, clean rooms, lush gardens.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

My family stayed at Paki Maui in 2009 and again June 2014. It's a great place for families or singles on a budget. Gloria is very helpful, I needed help with faxing, printing etc. for a new job. She is so nice and fast. The rooms are nice and clean. I think some reviewers are overly dramatic! Chill. Put away your luggage and explore the island!

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank ClarissaCowles
CRHHNL, General Manager at Paki Maui Resort, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Aloha and thank you for your response! We are very happy that you enjoyed staying with us here at the Paki Maui and we look forward to your return.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Korean first
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014 via mobile

Great resort for a family traveling on a budget. Plenty of space for our family of five. Beautiful oceanfront views. The only complaints are that the furnishings in the villa we rented was outdated and worn. For example, there was a huge hole in the living room curtain and a lamp shade in the living room was broken. The housekeeping staff never left the appropriate amount of linen and towels although we repeatedly asked.
I must say that the front desk staff were very pleasant and did response to our request in a timely manner.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Ann B
Aloha and thank you for responding. We appreciate your comments and we will also ensure that your concerns are addressed. We look forward to your return.
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

Overall the unit I was in was very clean, furniture was very nice what one would expect to see in Maui. What little interaction I had with staff was positive. Both ladies were very friendly and sweet. And my reason for not giving the Paki Maui a 5 star is because it's bathroom set up is outdated big time. Not much room between toilet and tub. Had I wanted to take a bath I couldn't because the tub was not deep enough or wide enough for a adult. My biggest issue was no AC which made my nights trying to sleep absolutely miserable and I was very upset my son had paid for me to be in a beautiful place but yet not comfortable.
You should also have a repairman fix the kitchen cabinet doors they are loose.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Sharon M
Aloha and thank you for your response and for expressing your concerns, as we are currently updating our units. I have also alerted my maintenance team of the cabinet doors that are of a concern. We look forward to your return!
Oregon USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

Paki Maui in Lahaina Hawaii is absolutely is one of the best ocean front view places at almost Kaanapali beach, clean, nice services, and friendly people. Public transportation at the door, and farmer's market at front. My husband and I, had been renting different units in Paki Maui since 2006. The view is beautiful every day, sunsets, turtles, wales, good place to snorkel and save to swing. We never regret to go back again and again. People make a place, and the staff is reliable, ready to solve problems, and they can fully answer any question about the area. I recommend this place, it has every thing you need for a good vacation. Thanks for the wonderful time,Elsa.

Room Tip: Rooms with front ocean view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Aloha!
Thank you for sharing your comments with us regarding your stay and the helpfulness of Ms. Coston and the Front Desk staff. We know that trips to Maui are very special and we look forward to your return!
Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

This was a pretty good value for the money in an area where there are many hotels-condos for 1500-3000$ a night. My only complaint is that the bed sheets did not stay in place-they could get fitted bottom sheets even for this reasonable price. The pool is much too small for swim but great for just getting wet.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Muriel J
Aloha!
Thank you for sharing your comments and we are glad that you enjoyed your. I will address your concerns with Housekeeping. We look forward to your return visit!
San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014

Absolutely loved the ocean front view and the almost daily visits during high tide of the local resident sea turtle. Beautifully designed nature courtyard area with big Koi fish and waterfall... Very clean. near public transportation,park, supermarket, numerous resturants, & shops,... yet not too close to the hustle and bustle of downtown Lahaina.
Beautiful ocean front lawn to recline and watch ocean and sunset.
I look forward to returning there in future visits to Maui.

Room Tip: Ocean view is not the same as ocean front. Ocean Front is best,
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank mrsvanwinkle
Aloha!

Thank you for you lovely comments! My staff and I strive to ensure that each of our guest enjoys their stay here at the Paki Maui and we look forward to your return!
Front Royal, Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I recommend the top floor - the breeze is constant and view (if applicable) is lovely. Our room was spacious and had a fully stocked kitchenette. The beds were comfortable, as was the sitting area. Loved having laundry facilities in the room as we used them daily due to the many beach trips. We utilized the shared grills in the pool area on several occasions. As beach lovers, I didn't expect that we would use the pool at all but it was so inviting that we made several trips down for a dip.

Tip: For the same Maui Gold pineapples you'll pay $6 across the street at the farmers market - grab a bunch for $2 from Costco on your way in. Also, the Times supermarket prices are comparable to Walmart therefore definitely not worth the trip to Kahalui for groceries, contrary to the advise from the front desk.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank FabFamofFive
Aloha!

Thank you for sharing your comments! We are happy you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to your return visit.