Let me get to the point without any fluff or fillers. The positives:
1. The views off the lanai are stunning. You can see sea turtles swimming from the lanai.
2. The sound of the waves crashing onto the beach is soothing while sleeping at night.
3. You are ocean front right in Maui.
1. You sleep in the kitchen - literally - on a Murphy bed. I didn't spend $20,000 on a timeshare to sleep on a Murphy bed in a kitchen.
2. There is absolutely no housekeeping around the clock. They only attend to the room one time a week. If you need extra towels you have to go to the front desk yourself to get them. I am on vacation and want to be catered to. In addition, there is no one to clean the trash baskets because of the one time per week housekeeping thing. So I had to bring full trash cans to a utility room filled with bugs and empty them myself. Again, I am on vacation and want to be catered to.
3. There are ants all over the room including on the countertops and inside the tubs. I understand that this can happen, but it was constant. I actually showered with flip flops on my feet.
4. There is not a vending machine in sight. God forbid you are thirsty or feel like having a snack in the middle of the night. Unless you have packed the refrigerator with food you are screwed.
5. The front desk is empty by a certain time so you can't arrange wake up calls for the next day.
This place is literally just a Murphy bed to sleep on and an ant infested tub to bathe in. There is not one single amenity within the confines of the building. You must leave the facility for everything. Again, the positives are extremely positive, but that is due to the location, not the facility itself. I am disappointed that I spent so much money on a timeshare and got this as the only choice in Maui over a year ago. It is telling that on my floor alone, there were 2 vacancies. There are only six rooms on each floor. Do the math. There are vacancies here for a reason. Finally, this 'motel' - because that is what it really is - shouldn't falsely advertise as a resort when it isn't.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Cancelon, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kahana Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kahana Beach Hotel Lahaina
- Kahana Beach Resort Maui/Lahaina