Royal Kahana
The Mauian Hotel on Napili Beach(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$342
Orbitz.com
US$367
US$322
Official Website
Aston at Papakea Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$338
US$292
Orbitz.com
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$276
US$237
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$280
Hotels.com
US$537
US$1,093
  • Beachfront
No availability for your dates from our partners
1,113 results
All reviewswasher and dryerocean viewfull kitchenmaui brewing companybedroom oceanfrontheated poolcondo hotelshort drivesmall beachfirst morningtennis courtsgeneral storegreat condoliving roomnice poolsee whalesdaily maid service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I was thrilled with the Royal Kahana. Our room was great. Very spacious and clean. 1 king bed, pull out couch large closet and updated kitchen and bathroom and large flat screen tv. The view was fantastic! We loved having the kitchen and washer/dryer. Everyone was very friendly. The only thing I would suggest would be that they expand the snack bar/ cafe by the pool to an actual restaurant with a bar. However, the Kahana sands is just 2 doors down and has this so we enjoyed that one and rented paddle boards there. Overall we were very happy. Our little boys were very happy and we will likely stay at the Royal Kahana in the future.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Aclynn22
OutriggerRoyal K, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Kahana, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Aloha Aclynn22,

thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and the property was a perfect fit for you. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We had a very nice 1 bedroom condo (1213) with a good ocean view looking out towards Lanai. The unit had been recently updated with granite counter tops, new appliances, and tastefully decorated. I choose the Royal Kahana because I wanted a place right on the beach looking out over the ocean and only the older resorts seem to offer this without out paying top dollar, so that's kind of the trade-off and I suppose the risk is that some units in the building are not all that great, but again we were very happy with our unit. The beach is not awesome, but is decent. However, there are some of the best beaches in all of Maui just a short drive away - our favorite is Slaughterhouse to the north about 10 minutes which has great snorkeling. The Kahana location is also a plus, between Nipili and Kapaula to the north and Kanapali to the south. Also, not too far away from Lahina either. All in all the Royal Kahana met our needs.

1  Thank Steve H

Aloha Steve H,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay at the Outrigger Royal Kahana. We agree that Mokule`ia Bay (Slaughterhouse) is a great location. It's fantastic that our property was able to provide you with a convenient "home base" while you explored the places you were interested in.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

When we arrived we explained to the man at the check in desk that we had had a less than pleasant experience at the Outrigger Kanaloa at Kona(see review) and that we were hoping for a better experience. So before checking in, we would like to see the room. He gave us the key for 520 saying it was one of their nicest rooms. First thing we noticed walking up to it is that the stain to the door looked weathered and worn. When we walked in the room was clean but...the twin beds in the one room had noticeable indent from people sleeping on them. The furniture had paint that was chipped and was very worn. Finally, I went to check out our ocean view from the lanai. It was more of a construction view unless I leaned out over the railing and looked to the right to see the ocean. We went back down to the desk and told the man there that we would like to see another room. He sent us to 801 commenting that he didn't know what we were looking for. This condo looked like it was 1/2 way through a remodel. Beds and furniture looked newer and not as worn. Kitchen and bathrooms had been remodeled. There wasn't any molding around any of the floors and we had an actual ocean view. This would do, we thought and moved our family of 5 in. While we were settling in I dropped something and while retrieving it I noticed a old water bottle under the dresser. Later in the evening we began to see bugs crawling in the kitchen(pineapple bugs?). My husband called the desk requesting a move. The man at the desk offered to send maintenance to deal with the bugs but my husband insisted. He called back 10 min later and said there was another room that would be available the next day but that the previous guests had just checked out. When picking up the key to see the room, the man at the desk commented that we were getting him in trouble with all of our moves. Really... My husband went and saw the room and then came and got us to see it. This room had been renovated with baseboards This room looked nice. We went back to 801 for the night to notice the bug problem was getting worse. Now they were also crawling the walls in the other rooms and later we even killed a cockroach. I headed to bed to find out that the headboard was not attached to the bed so it banged against the wall when you rolled over. Fixed that by shoving a towel behind it so the neighbors didn't think we were having 'that kind of a night'. We moved to 801 the next morning after a fitful night of sleep due to the bug issue. Overall, we should have to move rooms during a vacation.

Room Tip: Outrigger grades their condos - A, B and C. Go see your room before check in.
3  Thank vjboyer

Aloha vjboyer,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that we were not able to meet your needs in regard to room accommodations. I would like to investigate this further so please contact me directly at your earliest convenience. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

We had a decent stay, but after we moved to Outrigger Maui Eldorado we realized how much the Royal Kahana (RK) fell short. RK is a big building of condos that feels like a big apartment complex. We had a partial oceanview studio (704) which is quite a walk from the elevators. Everything in the room was adequate, and we had a northern view from our lanai with a piece of the ocean. The kitchen is on one wall of the studio and has limited counter space. To open the microwave you need to duck as the door swings open in the wrong direction. No oven, but the microwave is a convection unit. The bedding included a plastic mattress protector which is impossible for a human to sleep on without sweating all night. Elements of the hotel seem confined, like the tight space around the front desk and limited-height garage (vehicles under 5'11" only). The pool is heated and we found groups of very tan older folks standing and drinking in the pool for hours. It's a wonder they don't need to ever get out and use the restroom! The narrow beach is a coarse sand that is difficult to walk on, and the water is murky and not suitable for snorkeling. The only free internet is in the lobby, otherwise you have to pay for it.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ReneeRon

Aloha ReneeRon,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize you did not enjoy your stay at the property. I'm glad to hear another of our properties (Outrigger Maui Eldorado) was a better fit for you.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Stayed in room 804 over the weekend for our first trip to Maui. Amazing oceanfront view from the lanai and clean room with all you'd ever need for a weekend trip! HE washer/dryer, fully equipped kitchen, flatscreen TV, stereo, A/C, and comfortable sitting areas. Location was perfect for exploring the island. Excellent customer service, great price, and would recommend to others!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
OutriggerRoyal K, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Kahana, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2014

Aloha kmatthews1,

Thank you for taking the time to post your fantastic review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your ocean front stay with us. I will be sure to pass along your comments to management. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Please contact me directly if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.