“Yummy!”

Cuisines: Indian
Description: Monsoon India Lahaina
Description: Monsoon India Lahaina
Reviewed 20 October 2013

We had take out and it was delicious. This is in the lobby of a condo building in North Kehei that seemed to have a lot of senior citizens to me. But the food was great, good portion sizes, and the people there gave me a brief lesson on vindaloo and that it didn't have to be overly spicy. We made two meals out of the delicious dinner we had. Wonderful spinach Saag, good naan that stayed warm all the way back to Wailea and good chicken masala as well.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Was one of three customers for lunch, chicken special took almost 30 minutes, 5 pieces of freezer burned tough chicken that did not even taste slightly authentic indian and was greasy. Glad I "only" spent $10.00, although they tried to charge me close to 20 and tried to explain it was the TAX! Glad I took a toothpick and still had the fork from the Thai restaurant (and the leftover) from the day before, since my to go bag had nothing besides the 2 tiny 1/4# containers..oh yes... and the naan...or what ever it was

1  Thank thetikiqueen
Reviewed 24 June 2013

For my birthday my friend took me out for dinner to Monsoon Indian restaurant in Lahaina. My favorite food is Indian food and my favorite dish is Chicken Korma. She was a little worried since I am very picky, and we had never been here before. We were also taken back because the ambiance was not what we expected since we had been to Monsoon India in Kiehi which has a spectacular view of the water.
Jay, the chief and host was very friendly and when he found out it was my birthday said that he would take good care of us.
The chicken Korma was by far the best I had ever tasted any where in my travels all over the planet! Jay also gave us a delicious frozen mango that was sort of like ice-cream. It was the best birthday dinner I ever had!

Reviewed 8 May 2013

Just have take out but it's pretty good. Good naan and they can really heat up a dish if spicy is your thing. Or not if you don't want it. Prompt good service. Sometimes they don't have all the dishes offered but there's plenty to close from.

Reviewed 13 January 2013

We found it as the only place in Hawaii where one can get authentic Indian taste. Although it is a bit expensive. Location is central but a little difficult to locate.