“Lovely location - very good value” 4 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Aina Nalu
Ranked #22 of 31 Hotels in Lahaina
Banwell, United Kingdom
“Lovely location - very good value”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2012

A single female in my 60's I stayed 3 nights at Aina Nalu during my 'trip of a lifetime' to Hawaii. Felt completely safe at all times. Very impressed with my 1-bed garden view apt - the kitchen is smaller than mine at home but much better equipped. Loved the shower - of course the floor was hard on the feet, it's made of stone! Really unusual. Bed was clean and comfortable. Liked the complimentary washer + dryer (had to pay at all the other places I stayed). Both pools spotless and a real treat after a hot day out exploring and shopping. Great vews of the mountains made a change from a sea view. I knew how much the parking was and put up with it as it was great not to have to search for a space - the street outside was constantly full anyway, day or night. On the whole a great place to stay, and I'd recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Aloha Westonblue,

Thank you for your wonderful comments. I am so pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at the property. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in future bookings at the Outrigger Aina Nalu.

oan@outrigger.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Korean first
Camas, Washington
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

My wife and stayed here on our maiden trip to Maui. We were very impressed with the grounds, pools, condo, staff and overall accommodations. We recommended the Aina Nalu to two other families who also were very happy with their stays. If it had an oceanview it would have been about perfect!

, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this review, 3 July 2012
Aloha Stlrmike,

Thank you for your positive review. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay.

San Diego, CA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

I will start by saying that I dont understand all the people complaining about this hotel....you get what you pay for. If you want excellence, a beach, better amenities and a better room then go to Kaanapali and find a resort there that will cost a minimum of $1,000 more and will give you no kitchen and that "home away from home feel". In addition everyone is complaining about the parking fee, I dont know if you travel much but no matter where I go I almost always have had to pay for parking.Knowing that I was paying significantly less than the resorts on Maui, I knew not to expect much and I didnt get much. Liz checked us in and was nice but another time I asked a question to the front desk she got so irratated with me and reffered me to the concierge... but whatever.

Likes:
I like the location. It is 1-2 blocks from "Front" St which is where you will find street vendors, shops, restaurants etc. You will NOT find any beaches here but there is a shuttle that costs $1 that leaves from front street and will take you to Kaanapali beaches which is about 5-10 minutes away.
I loved the kitchen! It was nice and had everything that you would need to prepare meals.
The grounds were nicely manicured
I enjoyed having a washer/dryer in the unit. They only provide 2 boxes of 1 use detergents so bring more travel size ones if you plan on washing clothes, we used 4 loads in 1 week to wash towels, bathing suits and some clothes.

Dislikes:
Theres NO elevator! This made it tough for us as we were traveling with our kids, I am pregnant and my mom and cousin joined us. We had LOTS of luggage and it was a pain to haul it up and down or whenever we went to the beaches and took stuff...it became a pain.

Air conditioners...there were only 2 small box/wall unit types which included one in the living room and the other in the master bedroom which left the 2nd bedroom really hot and the ceiling fan didn't provide much relief.

Beds...they were hard as a rock...really uncomfortable

Tips:

Contrary to what some people say...you can have daily maid service, however, you must inform them 24 hours in advance so basically you need to call everyday. We brought laptops, cameras and other stuff that was valuable and we didnt feel comfortable with maid service coming in so we opted to clean ourselves and it worked out fine.

All in all it was a great value. We paid 1299 (without parking) for a 2bedroom 1 bath unit that fit 4 adults and 2 children. You would be looking at 1300 for an okay place on Kaanapali with double beds so obviously this was a better choice for us and I think it is a good choice for families with older children.

Will I stay here again? Not sure...I am not against it but I might use my mother in laws timeshare next time instead.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower level room if you are traveling with a large group and or children. There are NO ele...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank chargersbaby
Aloha chargersbaby,

Thank you for your review. I'm glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I'm sorry you were not informed that that buildings are 2 story walk ups ahead of time. I'm disappointed the beds did not meet your needs as we get compliments on them all the time.

This location definitely is a great value and we would love to welcome you back. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay.

Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2012

Let me start by saying tht this as our first time to maui and we had a great time. The hotel however was just OK!
We arrived very late and tired from our flight on Wed. night . The desk clerk ignored us for about 4 mins and hen she finally looked at us she failed to greet us..not a very good first impression you think!? our room turned out to be smelly and dirty. I called the next day and had to to go through the incovinience of a room change. (she never asked me to explain what was wrong with the room or appologized). To make this story short, no one was really friendly here, the caling fans in both rooms were dirty and the window screens where also dirty, The morning orientation breakfast was patetic and its totally unfair to charge $15 for parking when the parking lot was ALWAYS empty.

Anyways, I wasn't impressed..more like border line dissapointed but I refused to let that affect my vacation. Maui was great, locals were friendly(outside the hotel) and we had a great time.

Am I going back to the Aina Nalu? I don't think so.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ana F
Aloha Ana F,

Thank you for your review. I'm disappointed to hear you did not enjoy your stay at the Outrigger Aina Nalu and our staff did not meet your expectations. If you would like to contact me in regard to your stay, I would like to find out more information to improve our service.

We hope you will try the Outrigger Aina Nalu again, and if you need any assistance in booking your next stay please let me know.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

My husband and I went for our honeymoon last year and loved Outrigger Aina Nalu. We booked through Costco and got a great deal and we weren't expecting much- we were very pleasantly surprised. We had a 1 bedroom ground floor room looking at the salt water pool. I would ask for a second floor room next time just for a little more privacy, but otherwise loved our room. Gorgeous bathroom, really functional kitchen, and tasteful island theme. Had a minor ant problem, buy thats was to be expected in a tropical climate We didn't pay to park and never spent more than 5 minutes looking for street parking. It is a very short walk to the main street in Lahaina, but far enough away to not feel so touristy. Loved it and can't wait to return. Oh, and don't miss the Sunrise cafe about a 5 minute walk away!

3 Thank EandCVito
Aloha EandCVito,

Thank you for your positive review. I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Ripon, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2012

My family and I have rented several rooms at a time on a few seperate occasions at this Outrigger. None of us have ever been disappointed! Since our first stay five years ago they've improved a few things. We loved the additional pool and outdoor kitchen lounge area, having spent a sufficient amount of time there. It's a laid back place, great for families with or without children. The area has the same feel, not the hustle-bustle youll find on Front Street but just a brief walk away. The grounds are clean, beatifully landscaped and well maintained as are each of the rooms I've encountered. My only issue was the staff and their 'policy' at check in. The manager was rude and unaccomadating while the other staff who seemed aware of this, more than made up for it. Ultimately, my family and I would definitley stay here again!

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank gina365
Aloha gina365,

Thank you for your review. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I agree the Outrigger Aina Nalu is a relaxing location right off the hustle and bustle of Front Street.

Please contact me if you need any assistance in booking your next stay or if you would like to provide more insight to your stay.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2012

Excellent for five on a long stay. Walk to shopping and shave ice. It's our home away from home. Fully equipped condos with everything you need. Great pools, BBQ, and landscaping. For a long stay, buy bikes at Kmart and lock them up in the bike shack for the next trip. We won't stay anywhere else.

3 Thank Maddaway