We chose this property primarily based on both TA reviews and past experience staying at the Outrigger Reef on the Beach in Waikiki.
Firstly, this is not a hotel. For all those reviews below that refer to this being not 'hotel standard', its quite clear from the booking sites and the Outrigger website, these are condominiums not hotel rooms. Therefore, there is very little service, no bellman, no real Concierge, no restaurants, no room service and certainly no pool drinks service! But if you accept all that, and book anyway, what you do get is:
Fantastic location to Lahaina, and all the restaurants/bars/shops/cafes on Front Street (maybe a 3 minute walk at most)
Full service kitchen (2 bedroom unit we had) and full laundry - very handy!
Beautiful and tastefully decorated island theme room
Choice of 2 pools and spa/whirlpool in beautiful tropical gardens
I will be very upfront about this - the WiFi is almost non-existent and the in-room high speed internet is useless if you have a MacBook unless you have a USB/Ethernet cable - be warned, bring one, or you will be frustrated. In saying that, we were on holidays and it was actually very refreshing to be disconnected! We just strolled down to Starbucks around 10 minutes walk to use their WiFi if we needed too.
We loved our stay here at Aina Nalu, the front office staff were helpful and warm - as was the security team around the pool areas. We felt totally relaxed, and very much enjoyed staying here. It was as though we had moved to the Islands for a while, and the charm of not having to battle for a lounge by the pool was awesome!
Our room was lovely and comfortable, we made use of the kitchen only for breakfast really, but if we had a family, I can see the value in having a kitchen. Whilst we didn't use the poolside BBQ, they were certainly popular! The nearest supermarket is only 10 minutes away or an ABC store inside 3 minutes as well. The Maui Bus departs frequently at other places around the island ($2 per ride) and bus stop is 3 minutes away too - why would you hire a car?
Overall, we think Aina Nalu is excellent value and can't wait to come back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Aina Nalu(R) Lahaina by Outrigger(R) is a very special Lahaina hotel, an oasis of tranquility in the heart of Maui's historic Lahaina Town just a short stroll from the art galleries and bistros on colorful Front Street. The award-winning design of these residential-style Lahaina hotel vacation rentals is reflected in appealing details of Asian-inspired room decor, a sleek infinity pool, an elegant poolside pavilion, and cozy garden gazebos. This private hotel condo tucked away in a quiet neighborhood setting is a serene alternative to the Lahaina hotels on the busy waterfront. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Aina Nalu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Hotel Lahaina
- Outrigger Lahaina
- Outrigger Aina Nalu Resort
- Aina Nalu Resort
- Lahaina Outrigger
- Aina Nalu Maui/Lahaina