“Perfect Stay place for us”
Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #24 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We just got home yesterday (two adults)after spending 5 nights at Aina Nalu and loving it. We had a one bedroom overlooking the pool area with a full kitchen. Upon arrival, they were not quite ready for us and then upgraded us for having to wait and it was worth it. The king size bed was very comfortable, the washer and dryer in the bathroom was perfect because we had traveled light and washed several small clothing loads. Aina Nalu is within easy walking distance of the water and all the shops on Front Street. Of the staff we met, all were very nice, friendly and helpful. We spent time in the salt pool which was nice and also the Jacuzzi. The other pool was a bit too cool for us. We had just spent 3 nights on Oahu in a dump and were glad to find what we did in Lahaina. Aloha and I hope this helps someone.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ksmc M
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Aloha ksmc M,

thank you for taking the time to post your positive review. I'm pleased our Front Desk was able to upgrade you to the 1 bedroom unit. The washer and dryer as well as full kitchen definitely helps with a 5 night stay.

I will be sure to pass along your comments in regard to the staff. I'm glad we were able to exceed your expectations after your other stay in Hawaii. It's wonderful you were able to enjoy the convenience of our location as well. We look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Not so nice facility, but in convenient location, that is only good thing about the hotel.
Rooster woke us up in 4:30 am in the morning. They charge you $17.50 for parking per day and $115 for cleaning. Well, too bad.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sam K

Aloha Sam K,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us and were not aware of the fees that are charged. Please contact me if you would like to discuss your stay and find out other ways it could have been better. I'm glad you enjoyed the convenience of the property.

Reviewed 13 April 2014

We just got back from Maui and I thought i would review our stay at the Aina Nalu.
we had a 2 bedroom / 2 bath condo that was very clean and well maintained. The washer and dryer were also in top shape. The kitchen looked as though it had been through a recent reno. We loved the grounds around the place, even the chickens running about near the saltwater pool. there are huge amounts of different trees and flowers making for a very tropical vibe. The big pool was very busy most of the time we spent there. There were lots of kids and their families hanging about making it sometimes difficult to grab a loung chair. The staff was always friendly and easy to deal with. If you want to be right in Lahaina then I would have no problems recommending the Aiana Nalu. I found it really nice to go out for drinks and dinner and not have to worry about finding a taxi after.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank BCAI

Aloha BCAI,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us. It is hard to know on which days the pool area is busy but I'm glad you were able to enjoy the plants and flowers around the property. It seems you were also able to enjoy our convenient location.

Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

We loved staying at this property. It was in the heart of Lahaina! Everything was so accessible. We did not opt to pay for parking as I had read from other reviewers there were always spots just right outside the property. The pool was beautiful with a wonderful view of the mountains. We would def stay here again! Great price for the location and how nice our condo was.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TR102014
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

Aloha TR102014,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm so pleased you enjoyed your stay with us last year. Please let me know if you need any assistance in booking your next stay at the property.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

I want to start off by saying this is a beautiful place to stay, The grounds are well maintained, the saline pool was gorgeous, the showers in the unit were awesome!
We booked online through the Aina Nalu website, it was a last minute booking, and came to $200 per night for two nights in a one bedroom unit, when checking in we were informed of an additional $95 cleaning fee on top of the rate quoted us, this is when were told it was there on the website in the fine print. We had no other choice but to pay it as we were within the 24 hour cancellation period.
We loved the fact that there is a washer and dryer, dishwasher, full refridgerator, cooking utensils, and a safe in the room.
The shower in our unit was large, had great water pressure, it kind of reminded me of walking into a cave!

Room Tip: Pick at least a one bedroom unit as the studio units are very small we found out the hard way on our...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gramps_P-21

Aloha Gramps_P-21,

thank you for taking the time to post your review. I apologize that you did not know about the check out cleaning fee in advance. I'm glad you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. I hope next time you will be able to stay longer and take better advantage of the amenities in the unit.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is our fourth time at Aina Nalu and we haven't found anything really bad yet. We liked the new cleaning format. Just pay one cleaning cost for the entire stay and you don't have to pickup stuff every day for them to clean. We were in a different part of the complex this time and found it just as quiet and comfortable. I really wish we would have purchased one of the units two years ago when we had the opportunity. There is no better location for visiting Front Street and for taking our whale watching cruises.

Room Tip: We have stayed in three different areas of the complex and all were great.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank zackkirby
OutriggerAinaNalu, Guest Relations Manager at Aina Nalu, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Aloha zackkirby,

thank you for taking the time to post your wonderful review. I'm delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us once again. We agree that the Outrigger Aina Nalu is a great "home base" for the various activities available to guests.

Reviewed 30 March 2014

Over all we were very pleased with the facilities and it's employees. We were treated well by all and loved our room and all that was available to us.
We were in Hawaii for 2 weeks so we wanted someplace that was more like an apartment and this was it. Everything we needed to cook in was available. Also had a dishwasher, great not having to wash dishes. We had a washer and dryer, which meant we could have brought less clothing with us!
The bed was very comfortable and there was a T.V. in the living room and bedroom. If we needed anything extra all we had to do was ask.
With 2 pools there was always chairs to be found. Plus grills in the pool area. You could cook dinner while lounging at the pool.
The Concierge was great. She gave us some good deals and even recommended a few things on the side that we might be interested in, such as golf courses in our price range.
Everything was kept clean and tidy. The only thing I found wrong was that they could do a deeper cleaning of the rooms more often. The main areas were clean though.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jooles11

Aloha jooles11,

thank you for taking the time to post your favorable review. I'm glad you were able to have a great vacation. 2 weeks is a long time to stay and I'm pleased you were able to make the most of your stay by taking advantage of the amenities provided staying at a condo property.

I will be sure to pass along your comments regarding a deep clean of the units. Please contact me so I can be sure to note the correct unit number for housekeeping to inspect. Our guests are our best eyes when it comes to potential problems in the unit and they are able to see things that our staff sometimes miss.

We appreciate your review and look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please also let me know if you need any assistance in booking a future stay with us.