“Haleaka-No-No... The "PERFECT" vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Aina Nalu

Aina Nalu
Ranked #22 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
Kaneohe, Hawaii
“Haleaka-No-No... The "PERFECT" vacation”
Reviewed 23 April 2009

I stayed here with a few friends of mine at the end of March. While pulling up the drive way, all of our jaws dropped(In a good way)!! Not a typical FRONT DESK reception area. From the get go we felt like HOME!! The area was OPEN and COOL and the check-in process felt more of an APPRECIATION RECEPTION than one of a regular HOTEL! I received numerous complimentary items, from Bottled Water, Postcards(Which they do mail for free any where in the world), a Eco-Friendly Tote bag, and more (including FREE PARKING).

I would like to express my sincere appreciation and mahalo to CINDY, the Guest Service Agent checking us in. She was not only welcoming, but also open to assistance and questions we had with a smile. True feeling of the ALOHA SPIRIT.

The room was UNREAL! In our eyes it was PERFECT!! I wouldnt change a thing, and til this day we joke about going "HOME" to Aina nalu... The RESTROOM/SHOWER area was also outstanding.

Another highlight is the OUTDOOR POOL and CABANA AREA! PEACEFUL & RELAXING. It was sad to leave after 3 days. The next hotel we went to was of no comparison.

We enjoyed stay and have already booked another one from September 25-30. Again, well worth the price.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
Alaska
Reviewed 21 March 2009

We had a 2 bed 1 bath condo and truly loved the spaciousness and updated decore. The grounds were beautiful and well kept. The service was friendly and helpful. We really endjoyed the smaller of the two pools. Much more quiet and peaceful. The larger infinity pool was nice but overtaken by kids. The closeness to Lahaina was wonderful in the evening to stroll the streets and go shopping and have a drink by the waters edge, just beautiful. We traveled with our teenage son, and having his own room was a relaxing retreat for us not to have to deal with his messes.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 21 March 2009

I spent 3 days and 2 night here. My friend and I didn't spend very much time in the room but when we did it was very relaxing. The check-in process was smooth and fast. The front desk gave us complimentary water, postcards (by the way they mailed off for us free of charge), and an Eco/green shopping bag. Its in a great location, walking distance to all the bars/restaurants and shopping area. It was also an added bonus to have a washer and dryer since we truly needed it after hiking the 7 sacred pools in Hana. Housekeeping was great.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with friends
Ohio
Reviewed 22 February 2009

I did not actually get to stay at this hotel but I would if I ever had another chance. When we arrived the hotel was having a water problem and attempting to relocate guests that wished to move. The water situation had apparently been going on all day and having just arrived I wanted a shower and rest. Since there was no definate time that the water would be back on I opted to be transferred to another hotel. The Manager transferred me to they Hyatt Regency resort and spa which for the week that I was there was at least double the price due to something happening at the hyatt. Outrigger paid the difference and got me a beautiful room at no extra cost to me including taking care of Hyatt's resort fees. The Outrigger went way out of their way to make sure that I was comfortable at another hotel for my entire stay. They had a beautiful lobby and wonderful staff. This was definately above and beyond what they needed to do. Kudos X 10 for them.!!! if you ever get a chance to stay at this hotel I would totally recommend it, sorry I can't tell you about the rooms but the staff was outstanding and they would be worth the stay.!!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled solo
breanneh7
Reviewed 17 February 2009

We stayed 7 days here in July 2008 for our honeymoon and couldn't have been happer...the rooms were all updated with beautiful stone showers and granite countertops...the staff was superfriendly and immediately upgraded us to the most expensive room they had because it was our honeymoon. All the facilities are new, sleek and modern...The infinity pool was so relaxing and comfortable...We stayed 7 more days at the Grand Hyatt in Kauai which technically is considered more luxurious but we liked the Aina Nalu MUCH better...The big hotels are filled with noise and lots of people and it's hard to relax. The Aina Nalu was peaceful quiet and serene, the perfect setting for a perfect honeymoon! HIGHLY recommend!

Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank breanneh7
London
Reviewed 12 February 2009

Stayed here twice in one month - totalling over 12 days. The reasons i went back included:

- location: i was learning to surf and wanted to be able to walk to front street which is only a few minutes away. lahaina would not be my first choice but it's a decent base from which to explore
- recent refurbishment: although not to my taste it was well done and clean, also with large walk in shower, and washer/dryer
- comfy one bedroom condo with good kitchen: well equipped with everything you need, incl beach chairs to borrow
- decent space: good size in all rooms, also a safe and nice housekeeping

My hesitations?:

- sound proofing: from other rooms (eg design means bedroom was adjoining living room of next condo). one night i had to move onto the sofa bed in the front room as next door's tv was on late and loud (not anti-socially so but the walls are thin). also, on the first stay, there was automatic watering of outside plant borders at 3.45am which seemed unnecessarily early and certainly woke me up. on my 2nd stay not sure if that stopped by design or because there was enough rain!
- car parking charge: $15 a day which i also learnt on my 2nd check in that once you committed to you couldn;t later change your mind. so a rip off in more ways than one. would have been cheaper to pay to park a short distance down the road and also could chance your luck on the street. judging by the empty parking lot i was one of the few suckers to pay to park!
- identity: front desk can;t seem to decide whether they are just there to give you your keys (and some vouchers for local eateries/plus a plug for expedia's welcome breakfast) or whether you are a ''guest". i think this also plays out in little things like having to walk to the other side of the complex to sign for and return a pool towel (you'll be charged if you don;t return) and in hours which didn't match pool opening hours.

• Liked — refurbishment
  • Disliked — poor sound-proofing
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled solo
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Kailua, Hawaii
Reviewed 14 January 2009

Aina Nalu was clearly decorated by someone with a great eye. Our suite was beautiful, with dark woods and a sleek island theme. It also had a washer/dryer (complete with thoughtful complementary detergent), a fully equipped kitchen, and dishes. We were able to drink wine in real wine glasses!

My favorite part was the pool. Aina Nalu had a saline pool, with light salt rather than chlorine. This meant no chlorine smell when I went to dinner afterwards, and the salt concentration was comfortable -- far less than the ocean. The pool waters came right up to the edge of the pool, making it seem as if it blended right in with the grass. A very romantic place to be!

• Liked — The gorgous pool and the tons of amenities
  • Disliked — Difficult location to find; plainer front hides a magnificent interior
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank LLKU