“Good, but not Great.”

Honu Seafood and Pizza
Reserve with OpenTable
Honu Seafood and Pizza is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 272 Restaurants in Lahaina
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Kapunakea Street
Description: In 2010 Judy and Mark opened Honu Seafood & Pizza 20 feet away from Mala Ocean Tavern. A quintessential seafood eatery which has a fully unobstructed view of the Pacific Ocean with 10 feet from waters edge.
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had business in Lahaina, so we decided to stay for lunch. Heard positive comments about Honu. Hubby had the seafood chowder and a kale salad. I ordered the Ahi pasta. Sauce was flavorful with fresh tomatoes, etc. The pasta was wide long noodles. It reminded me of an egg noodle. They were somewhat overcooked to my liking. I liked the bread that came with the pasta, but it did not like me later. Yikes. Not sure what type of oil it was?

Hubby's soup was a thinner cream based chowder and not too salty. The lemon vinaigrette dressing on the salad worked well with the slight bitterness of the kale.

Wish I had made room for dessert, as they are made on premise.

Reviewed 22 June 2014

My wife and I made this our first dinner stop during our recent trip to Maui. She loves turtles, and this location is known to have sea turtles swimming nearby - thus the name "Honu." The staff accommodated our request to be on the water where we did indeed spot turtles swimming nearby. The food was really good, with the mac n cheese dish we had as the star of the meal. This is a great place to have dinner and enjoy a sunset in Maui.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

The setting is outstanding if you get the right table. We got the perfect table by the water at sunset. The food is pricey but tasty. I got the fish special, it was moist and had a nice sauce. The fish and chips were pretty average. My husband and I had two different pinot grigio and again average. We may go back more for the setting than for the food.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

Pizza doesn't seem to be very popular in Hawaii, but this place knocked it out of the park! Shrimp pizza was amazing, their mussells were great. Even the salad was great! Wish we could have eaten there more to try more items! Oh, and you get to see turtles out in the water. Pretty special.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

We enjoyed a great lunch here and definitely recommend it.

What a perfect location, literally feet from the ocean. Turtles swimming by as we ate.

Our food was well prepared and good value. Recommend the hang town fry and the fish and chips. Beautiful ambience and we will be back again!