Our family stayed at the Makani Sands from June 10-June 20, 2010. We stayed on the third floor since it had 3 bedrooms and we had 6 people. The building is a little dated but the location, layout and the facilities worked out great for us.
We had everything we needed in the room, WiFi, full kitchen, cable, washer dryer, etc.
We were right on the beach. While there was not a lot of beach, our chairs were on the concrete just above the beach. The best of both worlds. The pool is by the parking lot which was a bummer. Although we were only in it a couple of times.
It was close to Lahaina and Kaanapali so we drove into those places a lot.
It is not a Taj Majal, but it was economical and worked out great for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ocean-front condominiums with BBQ, convenient west Maui location centrally located to shopping, restaurants and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Makani Sands reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Makani Sands Hotel Lahaina
- Makani Sands Maui/Lahaina