We spent 2 weeks in this condo from February 1st 2014 through February 14th. The price was very good at $130.00 a night. First of all my first impression was "filthy". I did however like the location. Here is what we found....1) The picture by the front door was caked in dust, I don't think it had ever been dusted. 2)The bathroom drawers had hair in them, rubber bands, some sticky slimy stuff & dust in them. Groused me out! Nasty! 3)Behind the dresser in the bedroom was filled with dust, a couple of dirty socks & some change. Obviously had never been cleaned. 4) All the pictures in the place were also filthy, & dusty. (by the way who ever decorated this condo had no idea how to decorate!).5) All the drawers in the big dresser in the bedroom were broken, when I tried to open them, they wouldn't go back in. 6) The carpet had nasty dirty spots all over it! It needed cleaned beyond belief! 7) Dust above the toilet in medicine cabinet, never had been cleaned! 8) The top of the refrigerator also had an inch of dust on it! 9) The key holder outside the unit only worked part of the time! It was old & nasty looking also, never kept the key in it for fear of not getting back in. 10) The clock in the bedroom & dining room didn't work. I tried to replace the battery in one & red rust slime was where the battery went. 11) There were sugar ants all over the place! On the counters & walls! I know not to leave food out because they will come, but there was no food out! 12) The bedroom TV was dusty (imagine that) & all the knobs were caked in guck! never used it. 13) All the light switch plates & outlet plates were old & dirty. 14) There was a picture on the wall in the kitchen right behind the freezer door, so every time you opened the fridge it would hit it. I finally just took the dusty thing down so I didn't have to deal with it! The smoke alarm was filthy & dusty. 15) The plug in for the lamp in the dining room had exposed wires & was mickey moused together with some electrical tape, (never used either). 16) The shelf in the closet had numerous items just thrown up there, snorkels, boxes, tennis rackets etc. They should of been in bins & labeled. 17) All the boogie boards, ice chests, rocks, floaties etc were just thrown against the wall on the lanai. For the price it was tolerable, because I had to reclean all the counters, fridge, everything before I felt even remotely clean! House keeping apparently doesn't exist in this unit. Our friends stayed in condo 1105 & talk about night & day! Their place was clean, modern & decorated with class. Our condo also had the wallpaper pealing away in it. Just beware if you rent this place & bring your cleaning products!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have many privately owned Valley Isle Resort Vacation Rental Condos. Our resort is in lovely Kahana, a part of Lahaina. Maui is the best island, and the West Coast of Maui is the best part of Maui. We are right in the middle of Maui's West Coast. We have many amenities such as our heated pool and barbecue area. When you contact an owner, know they own one or several of the condos in our resort and can refer you to other owners. Also, know that each condo is different and run differently. So make sure you get photo's of the condo you would like. Also, occasionally this site says we do not have availability. More than likely we most certainly do have availability. Just Google "Valley Isle Resort" and you'll see many of us who have open condos ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK) and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Valley Isle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Isle Hotel Lahaina
- Valley Isle Resort Maui/Lahaina