I struggle with this review because there are some great things and some really irksome things.
Overall, I was quite pleased. The price at about $110 per night was excellent. Free parking, free internet etc. The view was 6 out of 5 stars. I cannot imagine a better view from the lanai. Excellent to have freshly made coffee (from MauiGrown store) every morning. Also, go get some Big Swell IPA from the Maui guys and have a nice late afternoon drink on the lanai. Truly a million dollar view! In my opinion the condo has a antastic beach right in front of the condo - not mentioned much on tripadvisor. Daily (afternoon) visits from the turtles which you can see from the lanai. Great overall location, easy to get to. Boss Frog across the street for beach equipment rentals.
Ok, now the bad. No airconditioning. I know they warn you about that, but their advice of opening the front door and closing the screen door to let the breeze thru, just doesn't make sense because you lose all privacy. By the afternoon when the sun hits the condo, no breeze is going to cool it down and it becomes uncomfortable. Luckily for us, we spend very little time there. Final complaint, it took forever to figure out how the shower works.
So why do I say, that overall I was happy and would go back in a heartbeat! Well I am a cheap guy, and I would hate to pay hundreds more for a fancier hotel with parking fees and resort fees. Did that in Waikiki, wouldn't do it again. If you can live with the negatives, you will have a great time!
I would give it a 5, but the negatives might be too much for some. You will either love it (like me) or find it unbearable. Up to you! Have a great holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have many privately owned Valley Isle Resort Vacation Rental Condos. Our resort is in lovely Kahana, a part of Lahaina. Maui is the best island, and the West Coast of Maui is the best part of Maui. We are right in the middle of Maui's West Coast. We have many amenities such as our heated pool and barbecue area. When you contact an owner, know they own one or several of the condos in our resort and can refer you to other owners. Also, know that each condo is different and run differently. So make sure you get photo's of the condo you would like. Also, occasionally this site says we do not have availability. More than likely we most certainly do have availability. Just Google "Valley Isle Resort" and you'll see many of us who have open condos ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Valley Isle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Isle Hotel Lahaina
- Valley Isle Resort Maui/Lahaina