Hubby and I stayed here in January 2007. Went through the Valley Isle website, which lets you book directly through the owner. We stayed in unit 1001, on the 10th floor, which gives you amazing views of the ocean and the island of Lanai. And whales!! We brought our binoculars--a must--and saw so many spouts and breaches and fin flaps and tails...amazing. And surfers congregate out there too, and are fun to watch. Paid $165 a night plus $75 cleaning fee: unbeatable deal!!!
Our bedroom and living room both had balconies...too cool! Ate breakfast on the balcony every morning, then lowered the blinds to keep out the afternoon sun. No AC, so necessary to keep the unit cool. Lots of fans though--ceiling and floor--for keeping cool. Left the bedroom balcony door open all night (with screen) to hear the ocean waves...aaaah. Perfect temperature, without a fan--great breezes at this height.
Dining table with 4 chairs, sofa with chairs, coffee table. Kitchen has dishwasher and washing machine/dryer, complete with dishwashing soap and laundry detergent. (Nice touch!!) The sink is in an alcove outside of the bathroom--nice--and there are mirrors all over the condo to add to the spacious feeling. It's a corner unit, so there's window looking off to the mountains as well. Boogey board provided here. Lots of books, too.
The condos are actually a good ten-minute drive from Lahaina, though there's food here as well. But we ate in Lahaina mostly, and mostly at Maui Tacos and Penne Pasta (owned by the same genius). Unbeatable taste, quality, quantity at such low prices! We once ate at Thai Chef, that was a good change.
Highly recommend canoeing in a traditional outrigger canoe with Kimokeo and his Maui Nui O Kama Canoe Club...learn about the traditions of the Hawai'ian people--and actually chant in unison with them!
Also, check out Makena State Park: Big Beach, Little Beach (nudist) are gorgeous.Great snorkeling at Black Rock near the condo: huge corals, lots of turtles, and lots of fish (though lots of people, too--but not nearly like Hanauma Bay people-wise). Watched surfers just past Honolua Bay--wow! And the Pacific Whale Foundation really does have the best whale watching tours...and the money goes for a good cause.
Highly recommend this unit, and the whole building is well-run and maintained. Though if you look straight down from the balcony, there's a shack at the corner of the beautifully landscaped property with bins of recyclables and shells and piles of junk---put a roof over that!! :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We have many privately owned Valley Isle Resort Vacation Rental Condos. Our resort is in lovely Kahana, a part of Lahaina. Maui is the best island, and the West Coast of Maui is the best part of Maui. We are right in the middle of Maui's West Coast. We have many amenities such as our heated pool and barbecue area. When you contact an owner, know they own one or several of the condos in our resort and can refer you to other owners. Also, know that each condo is different and run differently. So make sure you get photo's of the condo you would like. Also, occasionally this site says we do not have availability. More than likely we most certainly do have availability. Just Google "Valley Isle Resort" and you'll see many of us who have open condos ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Travel Republic (UK) and Evoline ltd so you can book your Valley Isle Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Valley Isle Hotel Lahaina
- Valley Isle Resort Maui/Lahaina