“Hands down the best ice cream sandwich EVER!”
Review of Hula Cookies & Ice Cream - CLOSED

Hula Cookies & Ice Cream
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 14 August 2013

So, just to begin, it's important to know that my daughter and I are self-proclaimed ice-cream experts. We especially love coffee ice-cream and have traveled extensively. By far, this was the BEST ice-cream we have ever had. We shared a Kona coffee chocolate chip cookie sandwich filled with Kona coffee ice-cream.. beyond words delicious! We quickly realized that we should have ordered 2 but opted to share a root beer float in addition to our yummy ice cream sandwich. She was very thirsty and started to suck up the root beer; I told her to slow down because it would leave none for me and only vanilla ice cream and I too was thirsty. The sweet cashier overheard this and took the cup from my daughter and added more root beer..... being from NYC, I have to say this was an act of kindness I am not used to! We sat at the window seat and enjoyed our delicious treats after a morning of snorkeling on a catamaran.
If you have the opportunity, I know most others say to go to Lapperts (which is fine, nothing special, just fine) I promise you that if you LOVE ice-cream like we do, THIS is THE place to go and enjoy amazing ice-cream and cookies!

1  Thank Livestotravel3653
There are newer reviews for Hula Cookies & Ice Cream

Reviewed 11 August 2013

While Matsumoto's may be the best shave ice on Oahu, Hula Cookies and Ice Cream deserve the title on Maui. I have yet to encounter a better shave ice anywhere on the island than at Hula Cookies and Ice Cream...a must stop and taste!

Reviewed 3 August 2013 via mobile

I really enjoyed the coconut ice cream and the coconut macadamia cookies. Too bad there was no place inside to sit and enjoy this treat on a hot day.

Reviewed 20 June 2013

Seems like an ice cream parlor on every corner on this strip, but we stopped here for a nice treat. Nothing special on the ice cream, we ended up with mint chip, coconut and chocolate and each was good and creamy. The shaved ice here was marginal compared to Ululani's Hawaiian Shaved Ice, and finally service was very good!

Reviewed 14 June 2013

Good ice cream. They ran out of cookies to make their famous sandwiches. Crowded and long line to order. Fun way to end the night.