My wife and I stayed at WKORV North for a week in the middle of September. There are not enough superlatives to describe this property. It is simply an amazing resort in one of the most beautiful locations in the world. The staff is outstanding. Everyone we encountered was friendly, helpful and seemed to genuinely enjoy providing great service. Mylin at the front desk was especially helpful.
This was our second stay at WKORV. We spent a week in the South Villas last year. On both occasions we stayed in studio suites. There are many reviews already written on the resort and I doubt I could add much that hasn’t been said. I will confine this review to a comparison of the North and South Villas.
The North Villas are newer but I really didn’t notice much difference in the furnishings. The South studios are slightly larger. Both have full size refrigerators. One important distinction, only some of the studio units in the South Villas have balconies. All do in the North.
The pool and common grounds in the South Villas are much larger than the North. Correspondingly, the area between the buildings on the south side is larger. This means more open views to the ocean on the south side. There is a children’s pool on the north side. It’s not adjacent to the main pool which limits some of the noise and chaos. There is an adult pool in the North Villas but it’s in a location that gets very little sun and a lot of wind. I never saw anyone use it. The bbq grills for the North Villas are next to the adult pool; again, windy and limited views. The grills for the south property are at the western edge of the property overlooking the beach, a much better location. I enjoyed the sports bar at the north property more than the casual restaurant at the south.
Overall, I preferred the South. However, it’s kind of like saying I enjoy a NY steak to a rib-eye, either is fantastic. Additionally, you are not confined to either resort. Guests at the North have open access to everything at the South and vice versa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina