The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
US$466
US$427
US$388
  • Pool
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$408
US$376
US$456
US$411
US$1,402
US$1,351
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$264
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
Aina Nalu(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,743 results
All reviewsnorth propertynorth poolstudio villapirate shipisland viewjacuzzi tubtime sharenorth sidetimeshare ownerstimeshare presentationfull kitchenheavenly bedshuttle servicewasher dryerfree shuttlebar and grillkiddie pool
Reviewed 31 May 2013

We stayed at the Villas for 5 nights and experienced the best service and kind attention to detail..Very clean everyone working had a kind hello for us..Jonnie is an outstanding director of sales and has great knowledge of the property Dee Dee at the front deskwas great and very helpful with a smile to end all smiles

I am a travel professional and have visited many resorts in my time and this is one of the best experiences I have had..Mahalo oh and they have the best snorkeling right in front of the resort turtles galore and fish so much fun Diana Shire

Room Tip: Ask for one of the end ocean view
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dianashir
Sean T, Manager at The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2013

Aloha Ms. Shire,

Mahalo for the time you took to provide us with your kind words. We appreciate your compliments of the experience you had while staying with us. Deedee and Jonnie are both great assets to our team and we will make sure that they receive your message of thanks. Snorkeling right off the beach of the resort is definitely a guest favorite and we are delighted that you were able see some turtles our there. We hope you had a relaxing and enjoyable vacation with us and we look forward to having the privilege of welcoming you back again.

Mahalo,

The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas

Reviewed 31 May 2013 via mobile

We just checked out of this resort this morning. We stayed here as part of a 5 day preview offer from Stanwood, so it was very inexpensive. However, we wouldn't have stayed here due to how expensive it is without the deal we got :) So we feel pretty blessed to have gotten to experience this Westin resort. The place is simply amazing. We stayed in the island view studio, and although it was small, it was very peaceful in the corner of the resort, and we had peekaboo views of the ocean.
I called the front desk later after check in to see if a complimentary upgrade was available, because I had read a few reviews before that another family who did the same preview option and were given a complimentary upgrade. I asked to speak to a manager about this because the girl who checked me in rudely told me that '' you will not be getting a free upgrade. '' So I did get to talk to a manager, and she told me she could probably get us into a 1 bedroom, and that she would call me right back... She NEVER called me back. The only other thing I will say is that the kids club is pretty much a joke. It's a very small building, even though it's touted as some great opportunity for your children. My kids were miserably bored when we had them in there during the sales presentation. We put them in last night for the kids camp, and they actually did have fun, but two of their friends were there, which made a big difference.
I would love to visit this place again if I could get it for the same deal
The bed was truly heavenly, and the jacuzzi bath was also heavenly, however, The pull out sofa that my kids slept in was not heavenly. The studio kitchen is extremely small, but still had everything we needed.
Many bbq grills are scattered all throughout the property and we never had to wait for one. The people who kept the grounds, which were impeccably clean, worked so hard and were kind and friendly. The people who worked at the towel kiosks were so nice. I could probably go on and on about how awesome this place was... But I should probably stop now. But!!! I also needed to add that although some people complained about the beach, I loved it because it was usually calm and both my 11 and 8 year old kids learned to snorkel here without any difficulty. The water is clear. Ok... All done now!

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank hhclemrn

Aloha hhclemrn,

Mahalo for taking the time to provide us with your review. We appreciate your kind words and are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us. While, we are saddened that your Westin Keiki Camp experience wasn't ideal, we will follow up with our Fun Team to address some of the activities that the keiki engage in so that it'll be a more fun and memorable experience for them. Furthermore, we would like to apologize for the lack of follow up from our Front Office team. This isn't indicative of the level of service we provide to our guests and we will investigate the communication breakdown further. We hope you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort again.

Mahalo,

The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas

Reviewed 30 May 2013

Much overdue review.

Our family of 7, 2 adults and 5 kids ranging in age from 7-14, stayed here in January of this year and had an absolutely wonderful vacation. We stayed in a 2 bedroom (studio & one bedroom lock off)...and it was perfect. Was wonderful to have a full kitchen (not to mention 2 washers and dryers for such a big family). We stopped at costco on the way from the airport to stock up. It was great to have the convience of grab and go breakfasts for the kids, the ability to make easy lunches...and all the supplies to either make dinner in the room or take it down to one of the grills while the kids continued to enjoy the pool.

The resort itself, the rooms, grounds, and pools along with an extremely friendly and responsive staff were fantastic.
- The rooms were very comfortable. We had one maintenance issue (with the dishwasher) and they were quick to respond and repair the problem.
- The pools were very nice, though at high times you may want to get down there early for chairs.
- The sports restaurant/bar at the north side (where we stayed) was convienent. The food was just ok...but the drinks were good.
- The gym was nice, but small and tended to be over crowded in the early parts of the day.

The snorkeling just off the beach at the resort is great, and the proximity makes it very easy to go only when the water was calm enough for younger children. We rented snorkeling gear for the whole family for the week from Snorkle Bob's just up the road. They were affordable and very friendly.

The Old Lahaina Luau (which I had last done nearly 15 years prior) was great and the kids LOVED that the entire drink menu came in non-alcoholic versions. We of course enjoyed the 'spiked' versions, so be sure to take advantage of the hotel's free shuttle service.

All but one of us did the zipline excursion which picks up just down the road. It was a blast and the kids that were scared to go on the first one, were immediately sold on it after the first line!

Oh, and of course at least one trip to Lahiana is a must for shopping, dinner/drinks, and a several neat historic sites.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sjvaca
Reviewed 30 May 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a week with our two kids, ages 8 & 10. We stayed in a studio and it was plenty big for all of us. The bathroom was very spacious. The kitchen had everything we needed to eat a full meal. The service, however, wasn't as good as I had expected. The poolside wait staff were very slow often taking 30+ minutes from the time we ordered to the time we got our drinks. Also the housekeepers showed up around 4:00 pm which was a bit late. However, if you skipped housekeeping for the day, you got a coupon for a free breakfast buffet. Overall, it was a great place to stay!

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 29 May 2013

This is a great place to relax, unwind...
There are two shuttles which are really handy when you don't want to drive around. #1 goes between the Ka'anapali Starwood Resorts... the Westin Maui, the Sheraton Maui and the Westin ..Villas. If you get off at the Westin Maui, you can look around at Whaler's Village, a small outdoor mall with an ABC, shops, bars and restaurants. And of course Ka'anapali Beach!
#2 goes to Lahaina. with the pick-up, drop-off at the Starwood Resorts and stops at the Lahaina Cannery Mall, Hilo Hattie's off Front Street, and Lahaina Gateway Mall (across from the Lahaina Cannery Mall). The Hilo Hattie's stop is one of the far ends of the Lahaina Business area, but the walk is managable if you need to get to the other end of Front Street for the luau. The #2 shuttle runs from 11am to 10pm, plenty of time to go to Lahaina for dinner or a show or a luau!
There are choices of Italian dining, casual dining or for just drinks and pupus (appys). There are 2 general stores for last minute sundries or minor grocery items. The bar and restaurant staff are friendly and have been employed there for many, many years. They give you a warm welcome when yoy re-visit! Ditto for the Shuttle drivers!! When you stay for a week or more... you really get to know the Resort Associates!!
I love this Resort! And would go back again and again ..(I have!) ...
Also there are NO Resort Fees!! Just a daily parking fee...

Room Tip: The Villas North have lanai's and are newer. The Villas South .. most suites do not have lanai's.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends