“Heaven on Earth!”

The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 4 June 2008

3 words - heaven on earth!!!

I stayed here for a week in the beginning of March & I absolutely loved it!!

5* rooms, 5* service, 5* pools..........

absolutely nothing to complain about!
I could actually live there !!!!

My stay in Maui was a dream come true!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas

Reviewed 1 June 2008

The Ocean Villas are beautiful, but the inconsistencies in service can leave you frustrated.

The positives: The breakfast buffet, decent snorkeling right off the resort's beachfront, the Westin Heavenly Shower.

Here are some of the inconsistencies I mentioned: some days no bath mats were left, some days cheap towels (not the Westin) towels were left. Some days we only ended up with 3 of the 5 pillows on the "Westin Heavenly Bed."

We signed for two chairs by the beach one day and no one ever came by to unlock them for us. One day there was no toilet paper in the south pool bathrooms. I reported it twice.

There are only two computers for use in the business center and this seemed to be a sore spot for may customers.

Resort sales demonstrations were going on constantly. It seemed there was more sales staff dedicated to selling the condos than service staff dedicated to providing excellent customer service to current guests/owners.

Did I mention the 6 a.m. fire drill?

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled with family
3  Thank tichelle
Reviewed 26 May 2008

This was a timeshare exchange and it was great. We ate at the bar/restuarant for dinner the first night since we were sooo tired. The food was great and the prices very reasonable. We had a 2 bedroom unit and was fantastic. Very clean and everyone was very helpful.

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank FloridaAlaskabound
Reviewed 22 May 2008

I just returned from a month trip to Hawaii. I spent most of the time by myself except one week. Lahaina was my second and third week. I chosed the Westin because of its location. It is in Lahaina where is the most nightlife is in Maui. Overall I loved the hotel, of course their bed is unbeatable. However I had few problems. The staff was not always friedly (except one occasion when I used their unopened gym and they let me finish my excercise. The person escorted me after my workout and showed me where the other gym is and let me know when they will open the one I used) The front desk was not nearly this friendly. No specifics but...
If your room is looking at the pool it can be quite noisy. I requested ocean view and got a partial view but since I loved the room I did not bother to change it. The breakfast buffet was not what I would expect from the Westin. Not too many choices. To get to my room took forever and the hallway is not nice at all. The chairs by the pool are very unconfortable and if you want better ones with pillows and covered with mattress you have to pay additional 10 dollars. You can rent snorkeling equipment but you can literally buy for yourself one for one and a half day rental price. On the other hand the rooms are great , fully equipped kitchen, Wash and dryer in the room which is great. Big bathroom with nice shower. Parking is free. Free tennis court which is also nice. With small problems I loved the hotel and I will return and would reccomend to others. Have fun and enjoy Hawaii...Aloha

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank nigike
Reviewed 21 May 2008

The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Villas are some of the best accommodations you'll find in Maui (I have stayed at several places all over the island). We stayed in the North (newer) end of the resort. Super comfy bed with feather duvet and pillows, stainless appliances and granite countertops. Spotlessly clean. The whole resort was decorated in what I would call "modern Polynesian". Very tasteful (not Hawaiian tacky, as some resorts are). The beach at the resort is probably the best beach I have been to anywhere is Hawaii- smooth sand, clear water, very quiet and un-crowded.
The staff was gracious and accommodating, the breakfast buffet was quite enjoyable and you could not beat the atmosphere. Oh, the pools are fantastic too!

You really couldn't ask for more. I will go back to this hotel every time I go to Maui.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mortimoss
Reviewed 15 May 2008

Eight friends and I stayed in the Westin Villas (North) from 4/27-5/3. We were extremely impressed. I had thoroughly researched the resorts in the area and decided, if we could pull it off, that this was the place to stay. Another reviewer on Trip Advisor wrote she got a good rate from Maui Hawaii Vacations (www.mauihawaiivacations.com; I swear I don't work for them). After searching through all the VRBOs and standard travel sites, I contacted them, and they were able to get us two 1 BR + 1 studio for more than half off the lowest VRBO rate I found. The rooms went quickly--we were barely able to confirm the reservation in time--and they clearly went out of their way to help us.

When placing the reservation with Maui Hawaii Vacations, we had asked for rooms that were close together, on a high floor, and preferably not overlooking any parking lots. All requests were fulfilled. We had adjacent island view rooms in the Westin Villas North that also had views of the ocean. The front desk made keys for all the rooms for all of us and promptly answered service requests (e.g., rollaway beds, extra blankets). Our travel agency's package included daily maid service. They were thorough and professional--one member of our group couldn't find a book after a cleaning, and the staff searched thoroughly and promptly for the book and eventually found it (it had accidentally gotten wrapped up in sheets and sent to the laundry). I was also impressed (and relieved) that the hotel did not require us at the end of our stay to re-sort the dishes and kitchen supplies provided in each room; group dinners meant that we occasionally combined dishes from several rooms. The shuttle to Lahaina, free parking, grills, and excellent snorkeling outside the hotel were all handy amenities. Perhaps because we didn't go during a busy season, we had no trouble finding free pool chairs.

Our only minor complaints were that the concierge was only occasionally helpful, and the fitness center was way too small and industrial. (Would've been nice if it had a view of some kind.) I've heard they're opening a new gym. There were also some jewelry vendors in the foyer. They seemed slightly inappropriate for such a nice resort.

I stayed at the Halekulani in Waikiki, a hotel renowned for its service, in December. Service at the Westin Villas was the same quality, and the resort was much more comfortable. I'd also recommend Maui Hawaii Vacations for booking.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with friends
5  Thank civicDuty
Reviewed 14 May 2008

The location is amazing and the service is great. Has one of the best pools around as well. Also shuttles were available to Lahaina, the tourist town.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tomato1027
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
#10 of 32 in Lahaina
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas? Share your experiences!