We are owners at the Sheraton timeshare in Orlando and swapped to stay here. This place is wonderful. We knew what to expect in terms of unit features and it fully lived up to expectations. Units are fairly new and well appointed.
This was our second week in Hawaii and after a first week of hotels and going out for breakfast and trying to snack in room, it was wonderful to have a full kitchen. Everyone got up at their own pace, I had my Kona coffee sitting on the lanai.The extra space in a condo-unit makes for a much more relaxed attitude.
The pools are excellent. Crystal clear and warm. There are several between the various buildings and all beautifully designed. And you are 100 feet from the ocean on a private beach. A board walk leads you down. Towel service was extremely convenient. Picked up a little sand? No problem,. just trade your towel in for a fresh one at any of the towel booths. They also offer snorkeling and other equipment for rent which is great because you will definitely want to swim with the fishes (not in the Godfather sense).
The poolside restaurants are very relaxed and convenient. You can spend the entire day eating, swimming, body surfing , snorkeling, relaxing, drinking and never have to even put on shoes.
The complex is huge, connecting both the south and north units which are treated as separate resorts, but it's really all one big place. It's located 10-15 minutes north of Lahaina (depending on traffic). Driving is very easy but parking in Lahaina can be tricky. At teh resort there is nothing within walking distance other than the resort restaurants so you'll definitely want to get out once in a while. There are many good restaurants along the main road and in Lahaina. And there is plenty of parking at the resort so it was never a hassle coming back.
We were there second week of May and it was still considered "off season" so it was wonderfully uncrowded. It was easy to find open chairs in the shade any time of day.
While you are there, be sure to do a Luau. There's plenty to choose from. They all sound similar. We did the one at the Hyatt and it was what we expected.
If you are a but more adventurous, you can try scuba diving. I highly recommend Jay at Scuba Gods (scubagods.com). Nicest guy you'll meet, patient and great with beginners. None of us had gone scuba before. We did an 'introductory dive' where he provides basic training just to get comfortable with equipment and breathing underwater, etc.. Then he guided us out along the coral reef for about 45 minutes. It was an awesome experience. And I recommend you opting for teh second tank as you will want to do a second dive!
And most definitely take a helicopter tour of the island. There's many to choose from. We went with Blue Hawaiian. My only advice is don't skimp because of cost. It's expensive anyway, so go with a full island tour. Our tour included landing on Haleakala to sip some pineapple "champagne".
There are many many resorts to choose from on Maui. But from our experience, you won't go wrong at the Westin VIllas.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled between the Pacific Ocean and West Maui Mountains, makes The Westin Ka'anapali Ocean Resort Villas the perfect island retreat. Each spacious and stylish one and two-bedroom villas include private lanais, full-sized kitchens, washers and dryers, generous living and dining room areas, and complimentary Wi-Fi. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L. and Cancelon so you can book your The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Lahaina
- Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
- Westin Lahaina
- Westin Ka Anapali Ocean Hotel
- Westin Villas Maui
- Lahaina Westin
- Westin Maui Villas
- The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas Maui/Lahaina