“Timeshare getaway”

The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
Ranked #9 of 32 Hotels in Lahaina
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This was our 3rd time to Maui but first time at this resort. The grounds are very nice and we came here because of a special they were offering to non-owners. Well worth the money, but if you are not an owner don't expect them to care which room they put you in. We had a parking lot view and the studio was not as nice as the ones in the pictures. They are on the older south side. The fridge was smaller and the room was older. However for the price we dare not complain. Took the tour and would have bought but its not part of our financial plan at this time. The beach front is amazing. I noticed in the pictures that it didn't look like a lot of people were in the water, could be because their is a reef right in the entry of the beach, which for me is amazing because the snorkeling is the best. We took a tip from another review and bought 2 beach chairs from Kmart by the airport that saved us $20 a day. We left it their so go to the lost and found and claim it along with 2 floating noodles. LOL The food was good and the staff very nice. Shuttle will take you to the Whalers village, Lahaina and their other properties. Great if you don't want to rent a car. We did and if you do you MUST eat at the Gazebo restaurant for breakfast...delicious and the best views. Also take the time to drive to Mamas fish house, its about a 45 min drive and worth every mile. If their are 2 of you that is best because it is pricey but on a scale its a 10. Bring a camera the views are amazing.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank beachy59
There are newer reviews for The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas

Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Room was well appointed and comfortable. Pools good. Most staff not friendly and the "life guard" at the slide didn't pay attention and an adult landed on my kid. Signage impossible to find anything. Good location but no aloha feeling sadly.

Stayed: July 2014
4  Thank May P
Krystle S, Manager at The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Aloha and thank you for your review. We are disappointed to have read your comments about our staff friendliness. This truly concerns us as we pride in our staff and the ‘Aloha Spirit’ that they sincerely have. Please accept our apologies that your experience with us was not a positively memorable one. We would be grateful for the opportunity to speak with you personally regarding your recent stay and the incident that occurred at the pool. If you could please provide me with your preferred contact information to krystle.silva@westin.com .Thank you again for your comments. I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We received a promotional mailing for this resort for 5 nights. Room was TINY. No way we could have brought our 2 kids. Way too cramped for more than 2. The room they gave us was in the WORST spot in the property. What a joke that we were supposed to sit though a 2 hour time share presentation! We ignored the "free gift" of the presentation. Westin should encourage guests with a nice location- not next to the highway and parking garage. This bad room seriously detracted from our experience. Would not come back.

• Stayed: May 2014
5  Thank Knr520

Aloha and mahalo for your comments. We are sad to hear your stay was disappointing and truly empathize with the issues you have experienced. Please accept our apologies. We would be grateful for the opportunity to further discuss the occurrences you faced. Please send me your preferred contact information to krystle.silva@westin.com so that we may reach out to you. Again we apologize and thank you for your review.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

Very nice and open hotel, I enjoyed my stay throughly! So many facilities and the bus shuttle service is so convenient! The beach is beautiful and the staff are very friendly. The room I stayed in was large and comfortable. Could not have enjoyed Maui more!

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Sakura Y
Reviewed 2 July 2014

This is not a preferred service. There is no preference about it. They are rude and inconsiderate. There website was not working it came up as an error occured with the URL, so I was not able yo meet a deposit/conversion deadline and they told me that unfortunately, there was nothing they could do about it. I was on hold 2 different times. The first time was nearly an hour. I could not remain on the line. So I had to call back and they were unfriendly and unaccomadating. I guess if Starwood/MyStarCentral, there website, then you are screwed!!!!!!!!! I own at Westin Kierland in Scottsdale, Arizona and Lakeside Terrace in Avon, Colorado. I pay dearly for these. Definitely not worth the price and I have nothing but regrets!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank kump
Krystle S, Manager at The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 11 July 2014

Mahalo for taking the time to provide your comments and feedback. Please accept our sincere apologies that our Starwood Preferred Guest representative was unfriendly and accommodating. Please know that your experience is important to us. We would be grateful for the opportunity to personally discuss your experience as we do value your loyalty with Starwood. Please provide me with your preferred contact information to krystle.silva@westin.com. I hope to hear from you soon.

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Best snorkeling is right in front of the villas. Forget black rock. No need for rental car. They made it very convenient providing a shuttle service that makes stops at sheraton black rock, whalers village Westin and three stops in Lahaina. Having a kitchen helps make meals much more affordable and you can't beat a BBQ with an ocean view in the south tower. Unfortunately, no ocean view BBQ's in the north tower. No biggie though just cruise to any BBQ first come first serve. Very clean and friendly staff! Stayed here 5 times in the past 10 years and just gets better every time.

Stayed: July 2014

Thank you for choosing to stay with us here in Hawaii. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed your time with us and our precious gem Keka’a Beach. Thank you for your high remarks about our staff and the resort. I will be sure to share your excellent review with our team. We can’t wait to welcome you back to Maui. Please let us know when we can expect your return. Until then, have a wonderful rest of the year and see you soon.

Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

We have stayed at this place quite often. Over the years, things have gotten bad. What finally did it for me was when our beach chairs near the pool were rudely taken by some unruly guests, even though when had our towels on them. When we brought it to the attention of the management staff, they literally talk to each other for over an hour trying to find a solution. Nothing. They were simply incapable of resolving a simple matter. No more. I will never be coming to this place again. It costs us a ton of money to stay in this place and I cannot stand incapable hotel staff giving me bad experience on my vacation. Maybe what they need is more unruly customers stealing occupied beach chairs.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
6  Thank SoBay_Traveler
Krystle S, Manager at The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas, responded to this reviewResponded 3 July 2014

Aloha & Mahalo for taking the time to post your review. Please accept our apologies that your stay was a disappointing one. We are, however, grateful for your feedback and would like the opportunity to discuss in detail more about your experience. If you could please kindly respond to krystle.silva@westin.com with your preferred contact information so that we may reach out to you. We look forward to hearing from you.

Krystle

Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Fairmont Kea Lani, Maui
The Westin Maui Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Maui Resort and Spa
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
Honua Kai Resort & Spa
#10 of 32 in Lahaina
Wailea Beach Resort – Marriott, Maui

Been to The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas? Share your experiences!