The Westin Kaanapali Ocean Resort Villas
US$427
US$388
US$466
  • Beachfront
Royal Lahaina Resort(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$308
US$411
US$1,402
US$1,351
  • Beachfront
Kaanapali Beach Hotel(Lahaina)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$264
getaroom.com
Aina Nalu(Lahaina)
No availability for your dates from our partners
4,743 results
All reviewsnorth propertynorth poolstudio villapirate shipisland viewjacuzzi tubtime sharenorth sidetimeshare ownerstimeshare presentationfull kitchenheavenly bedshuttle servicewasher dryerfree shuttlebar and grillkiddie pool
Reviewed 3 September 2009

We had a no hassel check-in and had been upgraded to an ocean view studio when we arrived. Although the walk to the room was long from the parking lot and lobby, we were in building 7 at the North Villas with a great view and very quiet, it was extremely nice and clean with a washer and dryer. They had a very friendly staff and great pools. The coffee pot did not work and they replaced it along with 3 new bags of coffee, nice touch. We traded our timeshare in South Carolina and it was a great experience. We will definitely go back again.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2009

If you are looking for a vacation that involves in- room dinning or daily maid service this isn’t it. I bought a week at this location at a charity auction and assumed because it was a Westin property the service would be similar to other Westin experiences I have had. There was no sense of urgency or anyone onsite that seemed to be authorized to deal with a problem.

It was nice to have a big room with full kitchen and in room wash n dryer (that knocked like pots and pans on a chuck wagon), but I don’t go on vacation to do stuff I have to do at home. It was also disappointing to get a “deluxe ocean view villa” that requires you to hang off your balcony to see the ocean.

For a few hundred dollars more I could have stayed at the Ritz Carlton and had a slightly smaller room, at a better beach, with exceptional service.

My son did love the Pirate Pool, but at the end of the day he has fun in our back yard. We go on vacation so my wife and I can get a break.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2009

2 singles, requiring separate sleeping areas and cooking facilities.

I travelled with a friend, spending 6 nights in a 1 bedroom suite. I had the large bedroom (with separate wardrobe and mirror space between bedroom and bathroom) and liked that there was separate access from either the bedroom or the lounge to the bathroom, feeling like an ensuite to me and easily accessible to my travelling buddy.
He slept on the queen pull out sofa bed in the lounge, which was THE best fold out ever. Not a problem and I recommend if you require 2 separate sleeping spaces. There was a separate wardrobe so that his suitcase and gear was out of sight in the lounge.

The kitchen was reasonably large, with a stovetop. We were in the South Tower. If you were in the north the rooms were slightly smaller, but they had a full oven.
Our room balcony overlooked the beautiful large Koi pond and was near the restaurant/lobby end of the building, but we had no problem with noise the entire time.

Snorkelling was good on the beach directly in front of the property, but I would recommend taking the comp shuttle up to the Sheraton Maui and swimming / snorkelling at Black Rock as well. It was only up there that we saw sea turtles and stingrays in the water, although other guests claimed to see them on the reef outside the villas (hint - small sandbank to the right of the main villas boardwalk around early arvo seemed to be good for turtle viewing!).

The small shop was fine for small things (salad... water..) but I would recommend heading into Lahaina Gateway or Whalers Village for a larger shop. The free shuttle departs ON TIME so be ready, as the Lahaina connection only goes once an hour.
Remember to ask for the membership voucher at the supermarket in Lahaina for discounts (they offered both times we went in anyway).

I thought the swimming pool was a bit average, and shallow. Aimed at kids with the basketball hoop and pirate ship. The price to hire snorkelling gear was a HUGE $18/24 hours, hire instead from Maui Divers (kiosks out front of Sheraton & Westin resort) for $8/24 hours...and you can return the gear to any of their Maui kiosks.

The Villas had complimentary movies on a blow up screen out on the resort lawn 3 nights a week, which was fantastic for kids and adults alike (especially with the poolside bar directly behind the viewing area - easy access!!). Yoga classes were advertised, but cost $27/session which wasn't worth getting up at 7am on holiday..
Surf lessons were good up at the Lahaina breakwall, but don't bother in Ka'anapali (no surf..!!)

Overall a fantastic experience, and lovely setting for out holiday. I would definitely recommend for people who want a little flexibility with sleeping arrangements and to do some of their own cooking during their stay.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 August 2009

The staff was with us the whole way: from when we pulled up to the front of the hotel until we were packing at 5 in the morning. They made sure that we (my family & I) were comfortable every second of every day. Aside from the hospitality, the resort is at a wonderful location in Lahaina. There are so many attractions and activities to do in the area. There are 3+ pools at the resort alone (not including the jacuzzis: 3 adult size pools, 3 kiddy pools, 2 jacuzzis and a slide for the older kids to adults. It was relaxing, yet exhausting from all the fun!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank linagirl684
Reviewed 28 August 2009

We were in Maui when we realized that we didn't like the arrangements we had made prior to our arrival. We toured around and immediately liked the Westin. Although we only had a studio room (kitchen and bedroom together) it served us well. The pool area had plenty of seating and were pretty clean (some people just do not beleive in cleaning up after themselves). They also had grills right at the pools that are cleaned every morning promptly at 7:00am. I watched every morning since I used them every night. I must say all of the residents were very cooperative and I never had to wait for a grill. I was impressed.

As you have seen in previous reviews this hotel is definately a time share location. They will leave you a message on the phone welcoming you and stating that they have a gift for you waiting at the front desk. This is their way of getting you in. Just don't do it. We stayed there for 5 days never having to listen to their pitch. As far as the room cleaning, here is the deal. If you are a "guest" of a time share owner you would only get maid service every 3 days. However, if you make the reservation directly through the Westin reservation desk you get daily maid service. The only problem is that the room may not be cleaned as early as you would like. 2 out of the 5 days we stayed at the Westin we left for our daily adventures at around 8 to 9am to return at around 4 to 5pm and the room was still not made up. However, once we called the down to complain they arrived pretty quickly.

We actually used the kitchen facilities which were functional. There is a "Foodmart" in Lahaina which had pretty good prices. Ask for a savings card at the courtesy desk and you will save even more. Give it a try and have a great time.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family