“Very Nice Condo in Quiet Area”
Review of Mahina Surf

Mahina Surf
Reviewed 6 February 2014

We stayed here in January with our daughters and grandchildren. It was very satisfactory. We stayed in 123 and it was very nicely decorated and well equipped. We loved the pool, the shoreline with all the turtles, and the location. Laundry machines are available as are washing lines and pegs which I liked. Health food market 10 minutes walk away. 15 mins drive north of Lahaina. We found the property to be quiet and the pool was never really busy. The units were also quite private. We really enjoyed watching whales from our balcony. I would recommend this condo building.

Room Tip: South side condos do not get the sun so are cooler. Steps to two bedroom condos so not suitable for...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank chilkoDuncan

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We were told about Mahina Surf by a friend and we were very pleased. This unit was nice with basic furnishing and appliances and we would definitely stay here again. With rock shoreline it had very little pedestrian traffic which made for a nice and quite shoreline- loved all the sea turtles (saw 15 the one day sunning on the rocks). Has lots of beaches minutes away and my daughter was able to walk to an adjacent spot for surfing!!

Room Tip: Rooms on northside get more sun and apparently can get hot mid-day.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 January 2014

Tammy and Sharon at the front desk were very helpful in every aspect, they both possess excellent customer service skills. Tammy helped me out tremendously with a business deadline, I am very grateful.
The views of Lanai and Molokai are beautiful and watching an occasional breaching whale is incredible.
The rooms are clean and comfortable, I really appreciate the well equipped kitchen, full size refrigerator and freezer, comfortable living room, and nicely stocked bathroom. The patio table and lounging chairs were especially nice to use and watch the sunset.
Though I did not take advantage of the BBQ (other did, which left me salivating), nor did I get in the well maintained pool, it was a nice option to have available.
This is my second time staying here (my first trip I stayed for 18 days, this trip, I'm here for 29 days), and I plan on returning every year.

Room Tip: I stayed in room 104 which allowed me to sit outside my patio and watch the sun set. I think this i...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank mcorpus
Reviewed 2 January 2014

We stayed for 8 nights in December, family of 4. We had plenty of room as there was a master bedroom downstairs in addition to a pull-out sofa bed. Upstairs there is a loft with two twin beds and another bathroom. Kitchen was equipped with all the dishes and pots and pans that we would need during our stay. We cooked 80% of our meals there in the rental. The property offers gas grills for use! We grilled almost every night down by the ocean. Beds were just okay. Needed more pillows available. Windows stayed open 24/7, very nice breeze. No AC. Every unit there has a fabulous view and the grounds were perfectly maintained. There was no problem with noise at all. Quiet hours are from 10pm through 8am. The unit itself was fine, but in comparison to others that we seen, it could use some updating. Free Wi-Fi was useful. Sharon in the office was all you could every want in customer service. She was super informative and responsive. We loved our time spent here! Everything was beautiful.

Room Tip: All rooms have great views.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FILANNA T
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We stayed at Mahina Surf unit 204. This unit is owner managed on VRBO, so we rented directly though them (VRBO # 424584, phone: 425.681.7545). I can't imagine a better setting for our Maui stay. I went with my boyfriend, and we both agreed it was the most relaxing, beautiful environment that we could ask for. We found that we would rather stay in and BBQ looking out at the ocean than go out for fancy meals, it was just a better environment! The condo had everything we needed, was modern, well appointed and reasonably priced. We loved the pool and garden feel of the complex. I highly recommend this condo for your stay in Maui, you won't be disappointed!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 October 2013

This place is surreal. The condo is on the 2nd floor and looks directly at the ocean and the island of lanai. There is a fabulous fresh water pool and barbecues that over look the ocean. There are turtles all over the beach and rocks.

The condo (204) is beautiful. It has a big master bedroom with a very nice loft. It is a very relaxing layout. All of the appliances and kitchen is up to date. It has granite countertops and all of the dishes you could need.

I highly recommend this property.

• Stayed: July 2013
4  Thank Rainyseattle1
Reviewed 12 June 2013

First let me say that I hesitate to share this place, called "Maui's best-kept secret," because then there might not be room for me! If you're looking for a full-service high rise hotel with air conditioning and daily maid service then keep on looking, because you won't find these things here. But if you're looking for a place to settle in, relax, and rid yourself of the stresses of the work-a-day world, then you've found it at The Mahina. Each and every unit faces the ocean with either a lanai on the first floor or a balcony on the second floor. The incredible views of the ocean, with the islands of Lanai and Molokai centering the awesome sunsets, are probably exactly what you've imagiined when you dreamed of being in paradise. The grounds are lovingly maintained and beautiful and fregrant flowers are everywhere. There's no A/C but there are ceiling fans and louvered windows that let the trade winds gently pass through. The pool is kept sparkeling clean and the ceramic hybiscus on the bottom is grand. A great feature of the pool area is that you DO NOT need killer instincts to get a deck chair. (You know what I mean if you've ever stayed at a large resort.) You could spend 3-5 times as much and stay at one of those large luxury resorts, or you could stay at The Mahina Surf and rediscover yourself due to the tranquility of the total experience. Go! Just leave room for me!

Room Tip: Units on 2nd floor are 2 bed / 2 bath but require you to go downstairs and around the building to ge...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lynda G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Lahaina
Kaanapali Beach Hotel
#1 of 32 in Lahaina
Royal Kahana
Royal Kahana
#6 of 43 in Lahaina

Been to Mahina Surf? Share your experiences!